2.5

I had a sex dream about Tim Allen.
Also there's a bit of mature shit

•- Laine Bennett -•

After Austin left, Thea came barreling into my room with a million questions as well as theories of her own. She'd managed to piece most of it together when she'd called me into the living room while I was making dinner. She noticed the same white Tesla parked outside that had been there Saturday.

I had no other choice but to tell her everything. It was a great weight lifted off my chest that I didn't know was there. Keeping something like this was unheard of in our relationship. But I knew I could trust her. She was never the type of person who wanted to be the center of attention. She had her moments, but doesn't everyone?

The likelihood of her telling anyone was slim enough for me to know that I finally had someone to talk to about all these swirling emotions.

"So, do you like him?" She asks as we lay flat on my bed, the side of our heads touching gently.

I let out a huffed sigh, "I don't know anymore. I'm not the type of girl who does stuff with random people."

"He's not random, Laines. Tonight was probably the best Thanksgiving this family has had since mom and dad died. Austin might seem like some stuck up the ass man, but the guy clearly cares enough about you to meet your family and still get head from you even after what happened on Saturday. He's going to show he's all tough and heartless, but I know for a fact that you both have some sort of mutual feelings for each other. And I hate to say it but, I think you have a small part of you that doesn't want your deal to end because you know that that'll be the end of him trying."

Our heart to heart had ended soon after once Thea began asking me how big his dick was and what it was like to have someone with millions hitting on me. Thea was always someone who could snap seriousness and humor on and off like a switch.

But I went to bed that night in fear that she was right. What if there was a possible chance I had genuine feelings for him? What if I was stringing this along just so I could feel something for a little while longer before the heartbreak sets in? Whatever the answer may be, I wasn't excited for Monday.

•———•

It was the first day I'd have to see Austin since Thanksgiving. It wasn't like I'd been refreshing my phone and waiting for a text, I'm not that naive. I know that it was a fuck up. The second I make it to the top floor, everything will go back to the way it was before both of us caved. We'll go back to the state of normalcy that was him trying to get me into bed.

The elevator stops on the top floor and I let out a breath before stepping into the main area.

I stride across the wooden floors to my desk where everything was just as I'd left it, not that I'd expected any less.

I set my belongings down and text Thea that I made is safely just because I didn't want to seem like a complete loser who waits for her boss to start her work. Even though that's exactly what I'm doing.

Once I was logged into my computer, I started going through Austin's plans for the day, which included the same as always. I sorted through his emails and even managed to secure a table at Divens for his mother and him tonight.

By the time my work was completed, or as much as it could be before his arrival, the elevator stopped on our floor.

I grab the agenda I'd jotted everything onto and stand as he steps off, adjusting his watch as he walks towards me.