5.1

•- Austin Wood -•

I loved admiring Lainey as she finally let go from all her troubles and responsibilities. She was able to become a whole other person who was free at last, and it was the most admiring thing I'd ever seen.

With her arms carelessly flying above her head, she runs through the ocean with a soft breath of fresh air.

I prop my body on my elbow as I watch her childishly splash the water as the waves meet the shore. She turns, laughter emitting from her lips, and smiles in my direction.

If I were here alone and Laine Bennett was not part of my life, then surely I would have made my move. She'd have rejected me then. Probably call me a dick to my face and then run off in both fear and disgust.

But I know her, and she knows me. I could watch her be free, be happy, and I could enjoy it entirely.

I hadn't noticed her movement until she fell to her knees beside me.

"You've been sitting here since we got down here," she sighs, resting her hand on my bare chest in a comforting way.

If only she would drag her soft hand down my chest. Reaching just below the waistband of my swim trunks. Her hand, kneading upward so taunting, so skillful.

I clear my throat and stare at her hand, the image now racing through my thoughts. "I like watching you. Is that a crime?" I ask, dragging my eyes from the vivid picture I'd painted in my mind.

She hums angelically before lowering her head to mine.

I trap her lips in my own and savor the sweet taste. She was a delicious dessert that you wanted, but shouldn't devour. She was sweet, but surprised you with a bit of salt when you least expected it.

I was about to deepen the kiss before she pulls away. A low grunt rumbles in my chest as I fall back to my laying position.

"I like it here," she sighs, resting her weight on her hands presses into the sand behind her.

I hum and reach around her small waist. I press my hand to her hip but slide my fingers under the thin string connecting the top and back of her bottoms.

"I like you," I admit, smirking up at her as my fingers trace small circles on her hip.

Lainey snorts, and the sound alone was heartwarming.

"I'd hope so," she laughs just as she moves her body closer to my own.

I raise an eyebrow curiously, "And why is that so, Miss. Bennett?"

She smiles down at me before lowering her head to my ear.

"Because otherwise I wouldn't get free trips to Hawaii and amazing food from the best chef in the city," She scrunches her face to which I immediately move my body away and lift her over my shoulder.

She erupts into a fit of laughter and lightly hits my back but to no avail, I race towards the water.

"So, you like to use me for my money? How shallow of you. It only seems fair of me to show you the bot so shallow parts of life," I reply as I gently smack her ass , causing her to gasp before quickly laughing louder.

I march my way through the water until it reached my waist. I immediately throw her into the water and watch as she finds her feet the sand below.

I laugh as Laine comes up for air with a look of revenge clear on her face. She runs her hand through her hair and presses her tongue to her lower lip. She takes small steps towards me, closing the distance at a slow, but yet fearfully suspenseful pace.