1.0

•- Austin Wood -•

"What are you doing here, Hannah?" I grunt, standing from my desk immediately and straightening my attire.

She shrugs her shoulders nonchalantly as she starts to walk around the room, her fingers running along every object in her view.

"Can't an old friend stop by? We are friends, aren't we Aussie?"

I flinch at the nickname. "Shouldn't you be off with yacht boy?"

She smirks deviantly, making me want to rip that smug look right off her face.

"You always were the jealous type."

I roll my eyes and cross my arms over my chest. "There's nothing to be jealous about. Your the one who wanted everything to be more than it was."

Hannah snorts just as she'd done with our time together. At the time I thought it was adorable, but now it was just downright disgusting.

"You say that like it wasn't mutual. Cute assistant by the way. I bet she's great in bed," she nods to the door, "Probably not as good as me."

The mention of Laine Bennett was becoming to frequent. It wasn't necessary to bring up an employee so freely. It was like her name was nothing more than a voice to these people.

"It's not like that. She's here for work, not play," I growl, watching her stop in the middle of the room with an ignorant look on her face.

"Changing your ways? You can't tell me you haven't thought of her once. Just like you thought about me my first week. You're unstoppable, Austin," she takes a few steps towards me, "A margay never changes strategy."

I roll my eyes. "What's your motive here? Get me to say something about Laine so you can run your mouth the tabloids?"

She sighs dramatically as she stops in front of me, the only thing separating us being a desk. "I can admit it was jealous rage, Austin. It's my number one regret."

"Want to know my number one regret, sweet innocent Hannah? You. Get the fuck out of my office before I call security."

She studies me for a second, but I wasn't about to budge.

"It was good to see you again, Aussie."

I watch her leave, and I so badly wanted to slam the door on her entire perky little body.

My phone buzzes beside me and I let out an annoyed hiss as I answer it, "What now, Miss. Bennett?"

"You need a drink."

I chuckle lightly, rubbing my hand on my forehead, "I think you might be right."

I can hear her giggle ever so slightly, "I can handle things here if you need to take some time off this morning. I'm quite good at making excuses. How do you feel about forgetting you left the sink water running?"

"I think that is the worst excuse I've ever heard. How about you just say I had an early breakfast meeting?"

She sighs, "You drain the fun out of everything. I could have come up with an entire storyline. Maybe the water was up to knee length and if you don't get home, your entire ant terrarium will drown."

I let out a howling laugh, humored by her capability to conjure up such an interesting story in the matter of second. "You tell me how people respond to that," I say between laughs, "Did you eat breakfast this morning, Miss. Bennett?"

"Does a pop tart count? It was damn good."

"Grab your coat."

•- Laine Bennett -•