2.0

•- Laine Bennett -•

I excuse myself to the bathroom and as soon as the door is latched, I dial Thea.

"Where the hell are you? Gram is worried, everyone at the shop is worried, Mahalia is worried, where are you?"

I huff out a breath as I sit on the side of the bathtub. "I'm slightly offended that you said everyone but yourself is worried, but sides that there's a bad storm up here and the roads are closed. We can't make back tonight," I sigh, gripping the edge of the elegant tub just so my clumsy ass doesn't fall backwards.

"Ooh, now I'm interested. How big is his dick?" I could hear her crunching on chips, considering that was all her and I ever eat.

I keep quiet. Thea and I's relationship was close. I knew all the guys she's slept with, and she knows mine. Not that I have too many to begin with, but Thea was always interested in my sex life more than her own. It wasn't even anything to begin with.

"That big eh?"

I cough awkwardly, trying to conceal the redness that was sneakily making its way up to my cheeks.

There was a tap on the door so I switch the phone to my other hand as I stride against the tile to the door. I open it slightly, to see Austin holding something in his hands.

"I grabbed you one of my old shirts. We are out of any bottoms but I'm not mad about that fact," he shrugs, handing over the cloth.

"Was that him?" Thea exclaims, "Can I fall to him? Also, I heard every word. I bet he's just imagining you in-"

I place the phone on my shoulder, blocking out the speaker. "Of course you aren't. But thank you," I smile, stepping back into the bathroom and latching the door.

I turn Thea onto speaker and let out a sigh as she finishes whatever she'd been saying.

"Are you actually going to put the shirt on? I bet he does have extra pants he just wants that ass," she giggles.

I roll my eyes as I pull my jeans off my legs.

"I literally called you to tell you I was staying the night. I'm not informing you about any sort of sex that for your information won't happen."

She scoffs, "There isn't even a pinch of you that wants to fuck this man? I might only have heard his voice, but he sure does sound hot. And your taste in men isn't terrible. So if you can tell me you don't want to fuck him, I'll hang up. But if you do, you best believe you're hiding in that bathroom and you're spilling everything."

I keep my silence as I consider the thought of actually breaking the deal. I know it's too soon for me to want anything from this man. But there have been so many instances that draw me to the idea more and more. But I'm also not someone who does casual hook ups and one night stands. I get attached easily. And all of me was already attached to Austin. Maybe not in a sexual way, but I couldn't imagine my life without him. In a completely platonic way of course.

I can't lie to Thea. It wasn't something I felt comfortable doing. We kept things out in the open between us. No secrets, no lies, and that's exactly what I've been doing.

"I'll admit that yes, a part of me wouldn't mind sleeping with him, but I just can't. A lot rides on whether I do or don't. It's hard to explain, Thea. But I want to get out of this bathroom before he thinks something happened to me."

Thea sighs deeply, "You can tell me everything and anything Laines. I expect all the details tomorrow when you two get back. Just call me when you leave, I love you."