2.1

•- Laine Bennett -•

I'd hardly slept last night. I was tossing and turning like it was a second language. All I could imagine was Austin's tall figure hovering over me. If I hadn't cracked last night, I might still have a bit of my sanity left. But as of right now, I wanted nothing more than to curl up in my own bed with Thea and just explain every small detail down to the T.

But the smell of food draws me from my self deprecation and I spring into what is known as Lainey Bennett's happy place, food. Doesn't even have to be good and I'll probably eat that shit like no one's business. Both a blessing and a cure I will say.

I was tempted to grab my jeans, but last I knew my other pair from yesterday were in the dryer and I much preferred those over the other ones. Let me at least be picky about one thing.

I open the door slightly and see Austin working his way around the kitchen, not that I expected anything less.

It felt weird to be on the other side. He was always the one eavesdropping and watching like a creep. Yet here I am enjoying the sight greatly.

I slowly latch shut the door and turn to look around the room for anything I could possibly find of mine. My jeans were easily located, but my shirt on the other hand had just vanished.

I bend over and look under the bed but all I find is an almost empty tissue box. Not exactly what I wanted to see, but it was a man's room after all.

I move my body back and huff. As if it would help me figure out where the hell my shirt went, I undo my messed up bun from last night and put into a more appealing bun, at least I think I don't have a mirror.

"I think it's illegal to look through other people's shit, there Laine."

I jump at the sound of his voice, my arms falling to my side in the process. "I'm not snooping, I'm just looking for my shirt." I state as I grab onto the bed and lift myself up.

A sly smirk crosses his lips and I can tell her did something. Whatever it may be, I don't think I really want to know.

"Do you mean the black one? Shows off your tits, hugs your curves perfectly?" He asks, tilting his head to the side.

I hesitantly response, "Sure?"

Austin hums for a second, "Can't say I've seen it, no. But breakfast is ready if you're willing to eat," he nods towards the kitchen.

"If I eat will you give me my shirt back?"

He shrugs his shoulders gently before stepping out of the room and closing the door behind him.

It was good to know things were back to normal. As normal as it could get I suppose. We didn't exactly scream normality. The opposite actually. What two human beings come to a deal where I get a raise if I don't sleep with the man who signs my paycheck? Apparently Laine Bennett and Austin Wood.

I give up on my search and decide to eat. Wherever that son of a bitch put my shirt, I wasn't going to find out anytime soon.

I step into the kitchen and the smell of breakfast foods fill the air.

Austin was playing the meal as I take a seat at the island but instead of sitting properly, I rest on my shins.

A plate with a million different foods is placed in front of me. I'm being dramatic. There wasn't really that much. Just waffles, pancakes, scrambled eggs, toast, sausage, bacon, some fruit, the entire deal all on one plate.

Before I take a bite, I eye him curiously. "How do I know you aren't trying to poison me?" I ask, using the form he's giving me to flip around the few pieces of fruit.