24

Cameron's POV

(point of view)

________________

"So this is all ours?" A smile on my face, living on my own had never crossed my mind, and to think I'd be sharing an apartment with my best friend in LA brought a smile to my face.

"Surprise." Nash shoved me, and when he told me he had a surprise for me, this wasn't what I was imaging.

"Nash, dude, holy freak." I pushed my hair back, "When did you-"

"Last week. My dad's friend hooked me up with it." He said, "You're room is over there." He pointed to a door, revealing half of the apartment that's mine. This is incredible.

Nash scratched the back of his head, "I have another surprise for you as well."

"What?" I asked, it couldn't possibly be any better than this.

"I called Jessi." Nash said, and somehow the apartment wasn't in my thoughts anymore, and the surprise actually could get better..

"And what did she say?" I gulped down the lump in my throat.

I hadn't talked to her since the day I left, but boy have I dialed her number many times, anticipating on whether I should call her or not.

I missed her. Missed her innocent self that opened up to me so quickly. Missed telling her how beautiful she is, and that she's all mine. Missed the way she smiled at me, looked at me, the way she'd start breathing hard when I'd stare at her. I was so intimidating to her, and I loved it.

"She agreed to come stay for a bit. I had to convince her that you still cared for her, what's up with that?" Nash asked, but I was more focused on when she was coming.

"When? Is she on her way?" My eyes were wide, and even though I was happy, I was scared at the same time.

What if she hates me for not talking to her for a few months. I've completely ignored her, didn't even think about how she was taking things. I was only thinking of myself, thinking that if I didn't call her, I would forget about her, but honestly I haven't went a day without thinking about her. It's been three months, and not once did I text her, call her. Not once.

"She's almost at the airport, and we have to be there to pick her up." Nash said, checking the time on his phone.

"This is all happening so fast." I rubbed my head, "An apartment. Jessi."

"I know, aren't you happy though?" Nash asked, and I forced myself to say yes.

I was happy. I was just ashamed of myself, which was holding back my smile.

___________________

(Sorry this took so long to update, and sorry it was short. I've just been busy these past few days! And thank you for 1k reads!)