25

Jessi's POV
_____________

I bit my lip, holding my breath. I felt as if I were going to fall any second with the weight of my bags, along with the fact that I'm seeing Cameron again.

What if he doesn't acknowledge me, what if he doesn't like me how he use to. What if he doesn't know that Nash invited me? What if.

I need to breathe, I need to stop overthinking this and wing it. I need to show him that I am a different person. A new person who no longer relies on his affection. Someone who doesn't stay up at night waiting for a call. I was that girl a month ago, but when I realized he didn't call for six weeks, I stopped. I gave up on my hopeless hopes. I started smiling more instead of sulking around the oversized mansion.

My eyes came in contact with three boys. Nash, cam, and whoever was standing beside them.

Once Nash noticed me, he shoved Cam's arm, sending his brown eyes towards me.

They met me half way, and when I was standing at the end of Cam's feet, his arms surprisingly wrapped around me. And suddenly, I felt different. Like I'd been waiting for this feeling for a while.

It was only a friendly hug though, and when I let go away from grasp, things felt awkward and I was uncomfortable.

"We missed you!" Nash yelped, side hugging me.

"I bet you did." I sarcastically smiled to Cameron. He was quick to turn his head away from me, and I hope he feels sorry. I want to make him feel the way I did.

Cameron gripped the bags off my shoulders, slinging them over his. We didn't make eye contact, and honestly I'm glad. I don't think I could look him in the eyes and continue to keep things normal. I would end up crying, or yelling at him for hurting me.

He came into my life, and made it better for a little while.

He made me feel like I was important, like I meant everything to him.

Then, he left. Not just physically, but mentally away from me. He ignored me, put me off.

"What do you want to do first?" Nash asked, opening the doors, revealing the carport of the airport.

"Damn, it's hot." The boy, which I have yet to know, said.

"Bryant, you're always hot." Cameron laughed, just like he use to. I tried not to think about the way he laughs so perfectly. Whenever he's laughing really hard, he doesn't make any noise, and his mouth widens really big. It's adorable.

"You never answered Nash's question." Cameron smiled from the edge of his lips, but I didn't. I'll let him see my smile when he earns it. He's lucky enough I even agreed to come here for a couple of weeks.

"I wanna see your apartment." I stated, looking straight forward to where I was walking.

"You're going to love your room." Nash said, "Well, it's Cameron's room too, but still."

"Yeah, I figured." I said. I figured Cam and I would be sharing a room.
_____________________

"This is beautiful." My eyes were wide. It really was a dream apartment. I would rather live in something like this rather than the oversized mansion that is boring as I can all get out.

"I'll put your bags in our- in your room." He corrected himself. I hope I wasn't being too hard on him. Even though he kind of broke at some point, I don't want to be mean to him. But then again, I do.