55

(Thank you guys for all the reads! It really means a lot. And I have so much more planned for this book and I seriously can't wait to freaking write it BAHAHAAHA OKAY)

Cameron's POV

She stumbled her way up to the alter, her eyes had stayed on the ground until they met the audience.

She was so nervous, I could tell by the way her bottom lip trembled and her eyes fluttered. I was nervous for her actually, and I wish I could be up there with her, right by her side.

"I didn't prepare for this." She lightly chuckled, receiving soft laughs from everyone.

She took a deep breath, fiddling with her fingers.

"Is she okay?" Nash asked, and I nodded to him.

"Just give her time." I smirked, having faith in the girl.

"I haven't seen my mother in two years, and honestly I'm afraid to look at her." She kept her head down.

"She was such a terrible woman." She sighed, smiling to herself.

She walked closer to everyone, their eyes wide open from her previous words,

"She was such a terrible woman."

While everyone was wide eyed, I was smiling, and enjoying every second of this.

"A lot of you knew my mother personally." She stared at the crowd, "Some of you didn't." She stared us boys.

"She use to be the best mom, always cleaned the house, always helped me with my homework whenever I'd get home from school, would always tuck me in bed at night time before I went to bed." She half smiled, pacing across the room.

"Then she changed, met unnecessary friends." She looked towards the back the room at a few people.

"Then all of a sudden, it's like my mother disappeared, drugs took her in and she never came back. She kicked me out at the age of 16, expecting me to live on my own." Everyone kept their heads down, but I didn't.

"I could have told someone about this, anyone, but honestly, I wanted nothing to do with this woman." She turned her head towards her mother, and I could already see the tears falling from her eyes.

After a few, long seconds, she turned back to the crowd.

"So, I'm not up here to give a shitty speech about how much of a good woman she was, because actually she was the complete opposite. I'd rather die than go back to the days of living with her." She dryly laughed, her voice changing.

"I was put through complete hell, and the worst part is that no one ever noticed." She was crying, "No one noticed." She whispered loudly.

"My moms friends had a lot to do with all of that as well."

"Ms. Carmack-" The preacher began.

Charlie stood up as soon as the words came out,

"Sir, if you could, please--just sit down." Charlie sarcastically smiled, trying to keep things PG13 with her language.

He obeyed, sitting down right away.

Jessi smiled, silently thanking her.

Her breath hitched, "Actually, I've said enough, if I continue, I'm sure most you would be offended." She nodded, taking her seat next to me.

The room was quiet, and everyone was speechless.

"Well done Carmack." I smirked at her.