76

After being practically attacked at the airport by fans, we eventually made it onto our flight. The plane rising closer into the dark sky.

Cameron sat next to me, his hand in between mine. I've only flew in a plane once, and it was with him. I remember holding onto his hand tight, but this time I'm more carefree. Being thousands of feet above ground doesn't bother me anymore. I almost laugh at the thought of myself crying over it.

My thoughts erased, and I almost faded into the beauty of the stars.

My seat shifted under my body, and my head slammed against the plane window, a scream escaping my lips.

"Cameron." I breathed, "What's going on, what-"

"Fuck." He screamed, his grip on my hand ten times tighter. I could have sworn my heart stopped beating at the sight of the other passengers screaming like I was. I was lost in my own mind, screaming at the top of my lungs. Begging to be out of the plane. Something is wrong; something is definitely wrong.

"Hey!" Cameron yelled over my screams, grabbing my head, and bringing it close to his.

"Listen, Jessi. Listen." His voice soothed me enough to stop screaming, but my heart was still pounding against my chest.

Everything was silent, except my heart beat and the words coming from Cameron's lips.

"I love you. I love you. I love you." He repeated, tears running down his cheeks at the same time, "I love you."

"Are we- going to die?" My breath hitched, it felt like choking on air.

He didn't respond, his eyes were enough to answer my ridiculous question.

A flight attendant ran through the middle of the walkways in between the passenger seats.

"Please, make sure your seatbelt is buckled, and please sit back." She cried, and that was the last I heard from her.

"I'm scared." I said, my head pounding, and it was getting harder and harder to breath.

"Jessi, I'm here:" he said.

And my eyes bursted open at the site of Cameron inches away from me. I shifted roughly in my seat, looking out the plane window. Everything was fine. Cameron was fine.

I looked over at him, almost crying at the thought of my fucking nightmare happening. It was too realistic.

"Breath." He half smiled, "Everything is fine now, you're awake, and we are close to New York." His thumb pressed against my face, his lips against mine.

"Did I scream?" I asked.

"No. You just- starting sweating really bad, and you mumbled a few words with a cry." His eyebrows arched, "I knew it was just a bad dream."

I gulped, leaning onto him.