65

Cameron's POV:

"Are you sure you want to go? I mean, Madison. Won't she get annoying? Or what if you get, like, fifth wheeled, won't you need me there?" My mouth had been running ever since she had gotten into the shower, and I somehow made myself comfortable on the floor.

"Get me a towel." She ignored every word I said, I guess I wouldn't blame her. I'm overreacting a bit.

I stared at her for a good bit before reaching into the cabinet for a towel and handing it to her. She wrapped it around her body, and stepped out of the shower, making her way back into the room.

"Are you sure you don't want me to come?" I simply asked.

"Cameron, it wouldn't be a 'girls day' with you there. Plus, Madison would feel weird with you there-"

"But-"

"I'll be fine." She hissed, dropping the towel, "Plus, Julian is going. It'll be fine, you're not thinking straight, babe."

I'm thinking fine. "I'm just trying to look out for you."

"I know, but I can handle certain things on my own. You're always there for me and I love that- but.."

But fucking what

"But you over react sometimes." She half smiled, pulling a shirt over her head, and slipping on a pair of black tight looking things. I don't what they are, but they are really tight on her.

"I over react too much?" My eyes lowered, "Sorry that I don't like the fact that you and The Bitch are getting along."

"Please don't call her that." She said.

"You're the one who came up with it." I tried smiling at her, but she ignored it.

"C'mon, you're not seriously mad are you?" I teased her.

She shook her head no, what a fucking lie. I know this girl too fucking well.

"I just want this to be a good day, okay?" She asked, not meeting my stare on her.

"Okay."

"And I asked you to at least think about forgiving Madison-" she roamed around the room, "What happened to that little agreement we had?"

"Who said I didn't think about it? Maybe I decided I wounding forgive the b- Madison." I gulped.

"You're just making things harder on me." She hissed.

"Harder on you? You're making this harder on me!" My voice raised, "The plan was for her to come here and you ignore her. Not for you to have play dates."

"There was no fucking plan of her coming in the first place, but she did. And we ended up forgiving each other, and you can't seem to except that."

"You're right. I can't except the fact that my girlfriend is friends with the girl who lied about being with me to everyone, the same girl that fucking hurt you, so yes. I can't except that. Sorry for looking out for you."

"That's your problem, Cameron." Her eyes lowered, and she actually stared at me. Her body stood still a few feet away from me.

"What? That I look out for you?" My breath hitched.

"Not exactly. You're too overprotective all the time over me. Like, the whole Carter thing, and now it's Madison? I can handle these things on my own."

Ouch. Fuck.

I didn't respond, I mean, there wasn't much I could say.

So much for trying to keep someone from getting hurt.

I nodded, and she turned her way to the door, twisting the knob.

"So that's how this is going to end?" I asked.

She looked at me, and then to the ground.

"We can talk when I get back,- I love you." She gulped.

She waited for the response that I didn't give her, and after an awkward couple of minutes, she left, closing the door behind her.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

My face was red, I didn't know whether I was pissed off at her for not excepting the fact that I literally care about her so much that I'm the way I am when it comes to protecting her, or sad because I feel like someone just stabbed me in the fucking back.

I pressed my head against the door, seconds later I opened it, running fast down the stairs and out the door.

She was getting in the car before I practically screamed her name.

"Jessi!" I breathed out, Almost tripping when her eyes met mine.

I reached her, quickly wrapping my arms around her body, her head automatically pressed against my heart.

"Are you okay?" Her eyes searched mine.

"I couldn't let you leave without saying- I love you." I blurted out, "I love you, okay? And I'm sorry that I'm too overprotective, but I can't risk anything ever happening to you Jessi, and whenever someone hurts your feelings, I feel as if it's my fault, and I fucking hate that." My breath hitched.

She smiled, pressing her hands against my face, and pushing my hair out of my face.

"I love you, cheesy boy." The nickname she had given me a while back slipped from her lips until I kissed her with the eyes of Maggie, Charlie, Julian, and The Bitch on us in awe.