88

"Can I ask you a few questions?" Her eyes looked over to mine as she sipped on her coffee.

She lately replied, "Sure."

I shifted in my seat, thinking of a question I should ask first. I mean, I'm curious about a lot of things. And, I don't mean just the whole Cal situation, I mean about her past.

"What brought you to Diane's? Like, why were you staying there?" I asked, cupping my fingers around the dark brown mug.

"First, she's my aunt. Second, I needed somewhere to stay, and I honestly couldn't think of anyone else who would have let me live with them. And just to let you know, I had no idea about this Cal guy. For all I knew, I thought she was single."

My eyes grew wide, "Wait, where's Jake? Her little boy."

"He's staying with his dad for a year, at least what she told me. I'm glad he isn't there though."

I sighed, "Me too."

I babysat jake for the longest, and I couldn't bare anything happening to him.

"Okay, back to the questions. Where are you from? And why did you need a place to stay?"

"I'm from North Dakota, and I needed a place to stay because I was in trouble with the law back at home, and my mom couldn't stand me anymore. I was an embarrassment to her perfect life."

"The law?" I gulped.

"Don't freak out, I trespassed a zoo with a group of my friends, and somehow the law figured out. I tried running, but I was too slow."

"Okay," I nodded, "Next question."

"Oh- and hey. I don't wan't you to think bad of me. I've made straight A's in school, I'm a virgin, and I'm honestly a 'goody goody' who worries about literally everything."

I giggled at her words, looking away from her eyes.

"Anyways, was Cal mean to you when you first started living there?"

"Oh no. He was as nice as you could be. He cooked dinner every night, made sure I had everything I needed, he took Diane out on dates, and he even cleaned the house."

"How come be changed?" I asked, leaning closer over the table.

"Something bad happened," she shrugged, "He said it was none of my concern, and that I should 'Shut up'."

"Something bad?" My eyebrows knotted.

"Really bad. He would cry randomly, and yell at Diane and I. I tried leaving once or twice, but I was scared. I had thoughts that he would know I was leaving, and he'd kill me or something. I don't know, crazy right? But anyways, I would always try and convince Diane that he was no good for her, but she claimed that he just needed support, which I didn't know what the heck she was talking about, but I went along with it. She truly loves him, and that's scares me. He's not good for her. He hits her, amd me. Well, he did." She talks really fast, but I comprehend everything she told me.

"You okay?" She asked, "Seriously don't get upset Jessi, there's nothing we can do."

"But there is," I wiped the single tear that had began to fall down my cheek, "She has helped me so much, and I can't just sit here and let this stuff happen for her. But, I can't do anything with Cameron being the protective ass he is." I huffed. "I'm not meaning to get emotional" I laughed.

"Cry all you want to, it's okay to be sad about this." She comforted me.

"We should head back, Cameron is probably worried. We've been gone for at least an hour and a half." Ellie smiled, and I chuckled knowing she was right.

_
PLEASE VOTE
I LOVE YOU SO SO SO MUCH XXX