48

I woke up that morning with a headache, but it eventually went away with the help of Advil. I dressed myself, along with Cameron, and we were out the door and on our way to my mother's house. No one else was awake in their hotel rooms, I didn't figure they would be. We left at 5:45 and arrived at 6:15, giving us time to go through the house entirely, and getting anything I would want.

We took a cab, not letting the guards know, or else they'd be pissed at Cameron. That's one of the reasons we left earlier.

We stood on the porch of the wooden house, and I had to take a look at the outside first. It hadn't changed much, still old. Except the wood was no longer a bright, brown wood color, it was grey and dull, describing my mood perfectly.

The windows were dusty, one of them was even broken, half the glass in the uncut grass. It looks as if the place hasn't been mowed in years, and no doubt it probably hasn't.

I sighed, walking back up to the porch, Cameron attached to my side.

"I don't know what to go in." I half smiled, my face forming a puppy like expression. He held my hand tighter, bringing his lips to my cheek, and everything felt okay for a second. I tried smiling while opening the dusty door, wiping my hands against my jeans.

My eyes filled the familiar hell-like house. I thought I'd never step foot in this house again, but look at me.

My mother died. In this house. A few days ago.

She was breathing, walking, and living in this house a few days ago. That's hard to fucking comprehend, and I'm sue it'll hit me soon, and reality will take over my emotions.

Cameron paid attention to living room, and how the red couch was at the point of falling apart. That couch brings back memories of when I'd stay up late watching tv, and I'd fall asleep on it, and mom would wake me up and put me in bed. That's whenever it was in better shape of course.

I gulped, turning away from the couch, and into my mother's room.

There was no longer a bed, just a mattress laid out onto the floor, and a pack of cigarettes next to it. The bed had no sheets, and the comforter looked unpleasantly ruined with cigarette by burns and dog hair. Why the fuck is there dog hair?

The room smelt horrible, dirty socks scattered the floor, but other than the fact that the room was half empty, it managed to look like complete shit. And the entire time I'd been focused on how awful it appeared to be, I didn't notice the small picture frame on the small dresser in the spiderwebbed corner. I slowly picked it up, holding it in the palms of my hands. I wiped off the front, and there was no longer dust.

I was sat on my mother's shoulders, my natural dark brown hair pulled back in a pony tail. I had such a dark tan as a child, there wasn't a day that you didn't see me outside running around, or jumping on the half broken trampoline. I had a next door neighbor, Chad, that would come over and jump with me, and sometimes we'd even shoot his paintball gun that he got for Christmas from his grandparents. Thats until we got in a lot of trouble for shooting cars with it, and from that day, we were no longer a loud to hangout. My mom claimed that he was a bad influence, and that she rather me not spend time with him. So, I listened.

"Where's your room?" Cameron's voice broke me away from my thoughts, and the silence. I popped my head up, actually having to think for a second.

I lead him to the other side of the small, yet big house.

I tried opening the door to my old room, but it wouldn't budge, and I was confused of why it had been locked in the first place. My room had never had a lock on it, unless mom went and bought one after she kicked me out.

"It's locked, why would it be locked?" He asked, fiddling with the shiny handle. It looked clean, unlike all of the rest.

"Kick it in." I suggested, not caring if the door broke or not.

His eyes widened, "Can I?"

"Yes, now do it." I was growing impatient, and right when the demand left my mouth, his foot connected with the door a few times before it budged opened, hitting the bedroom wall.

My jaw dropped, and I was taken aback from what was in front of me.