"Penny For Your Thoughts"

How are you guys doing?

I'm in danger? No, that can't be. All I did was help out a kid. There's no way I'm in danger.

"Just come with me, and I'll explain everything." Mr. Kingston said, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Don't touch me." I pushed his hand off, taking another step back. "How could I be in danger?" I asked.

"I will explain everything, but I'm going to need you to stay with me." He said, speaking a bit quietly. A man came and took George away. "I can't help you if you're not with me."

What the fuck did I get myself into?

"I'm not the bad guy." Mr. Kingston said and I furrowed my eyebrows, meeting his eyes.

"Bad guy?" I stared at him and he sighed, looking around. "What are you-"

"The other gang will think-"

"Gang!?" I said, my eye widening as he began to look irritated. This can't be real.

"Vivian Andrea Lopez, 127, North PalmWood Road." Nate said, making me go completely silent.

(A/N: I do not know how to write addresses if you can't already tell, and I made this up so I'm not sure if it's an actual address or not).

All I could do is stare at him. How the hell does he know my address?

"What does my address have to do with-"

"If I can figure out where you live quickly, they can too." He said and held a hand out to me.

"You're in a gang." I almost whispered and he nodded once.

Well, fuck.

I quickly turned and ran, not wanting to stay any longer.

You know how in movies the people to turn back to see if they're being chased? Yeah, I'm not going to do that because I know I'll shit myself if I am being chased.

Going into my car, I immediately locked the doors and started it, still not checking to see if someone was/is chasing me.

I drove away, trying to calm myself down.

If I knew George was Mr. Kingston's son, and that Mr. Kingston was in a gang, would I have helped George?

Thoughts flooded my mind and I had to stop the car at a parking spot near a diner to calm down.

"God." I mumbled to myself, hitting the side of my head. My phone rang, making me jump. I checked the name to see my best friend, Carlos.

I need a distraction anyway.

"Hey, where are you?" Carlos asked and I didn't say anything for a while. "Vivian, answer or I'll smack you when you get home."

"God, Carlos." I whispered, starting to feel terrified. "I-I'm in trouble."

"What do you mean?" He asked, sounding curious and angry. "Is someone messing with you?"

I stopped my car and just sat there, trying to process everything. But I can't.

"Vivian." Carlos spoke, bringing me back to reality. "What the fuck is going on?"

"I...I'm on my way home right now. I'll explain everything to you." I muttered and hung up, starting the car again.

Carlos and I share a house. We've known each other for so long. His family took me in when my parents...killed themselves when I was thirteen. They did it because of the death of my older brother. I don't like talking about them because it hurts me a lot.

My entire life is a mess.

I'm twenty-eight now and Carlos is thirty.

After a while, I finally made it home. Carlos met me outside and pulled me into a tight hug, making me feel safe.

"Hey, what happened?" Carlos asked. He placed his hands on my cheeks, making me look at him as I cried.

"I-I don't even know. There was a little kid that I helped out because some man was trying to kidnap him. And now Mr. Kingston is telling me I'm involved with gangs." I said, forcing myself to stop crying.

"Mr. Kingston? As in Nate Kingston?" Carlos raised an eyebrow and I nodded. "The one you had an interview with today?" I nodded again. "Are you pranking me?"

"I wish." I replied. I frowned and couldn't help but cry again. Carlos pulled me close again.

"Hey, why are you crying? No more tears, okay?" Carlos said. He wiped my tears away for me. "How about I make us something to eat?"

"I'm not in the mood to eat." I mumbled as we began walking to the door. "I'm scared, Carlos."

"Nothing's going to happen. We can go to the police if it makes you feel better." Carlos suggested.

But I have a feeling going to the police will make it worse and won't help much.

A sigh escaped my lips and I took my seat in the living room.

"What do you want to eat? I'm feeling like some pasta." Carlos muttered, licking his lips.

"Pasta is fine." I agreed and he gave me a small smile before walking away.

God, why did this have to happen to me? Why do I have to be so caring?

"A dollar for your thoughts?" Carlos asked. He raised an eyebrow, holding up a dollar.

"Make it a penny." I sighed and he pulled out a penny from his pocket, handing it to me. "Thanks."

"What's going on?" He asked and raised an eyebrow. "Is this really about Nate and what he said. What if he's messing with you?"

"Why would he mess with me like that? I helped his son out, so why return a favor by scaring me?" I stated and looked Carlos in the eyes.

"It was his kid?" Carlos asked. "I wasn't aware he had a son."

"You speak of him as if you know him." I said and raised an eyebrow as Carlos chuckled.

"No. Just what I see on the news and articles about him." Carlos replied and then shrugged.

"Of course. Because he's famous and handsome." I muttered. I rolled my eyes and Carlos messed with my hair.

"I'm going to cook now. Talk to me when you need to, baby girl." Carlos said and walked away.

He's called me baby girl for so long and now it's normal for us.

The doorbell rang and my heart skipped beats. It can't be them, can it?

Taking a deep breath, I made my way to the door.

I checked the peephole to see Nate.

Fuck.

~~~~~~~~
Hope you enjoyed!

Welcome to the second chapter, ladies and gentlemen. <3

Don't forget to comment and/or vote! Thank you for reading❤️

Until then✌🏼