"All Done"

I stared at all the blood, my body going completely still. Everything in me shattered, my legs starting to give up on me.

My heart broke into a million pieces and tears numbly rolled down my cheeks. I stared at the blood spilling from his head.

"Chase!" I screamed loudly, hurting my own ears. The door broke open and soon Lou was tackled on the ground by Aiden.

The others stood, shocked. My mouth stayed open, my eyes not believing what I'm seeing.

No. There's no way.

Virgil quickly cut Chase down and I sobbed as I hugged his body to me, his bloody head on my lap.

I struggled to breathe as I held him tighter. I heard a few sobs from the others and everything felt like it was in slow motion.

"Chase, n-no!" I cried, my tears spilling onto him. Aiden continued to punch Lou over and over again. "P-please, stay w-with m-m-me!"

"He's dead, Aiden. Y-you killed h-him." Aliyah said, crying, but Aiden continued to punch Lou.

I looked down at Chase, sobbing.

He looks at rest. His features are relaxed and it's as if he's asleep.

I began to struggle to breathe. The medics came in and stopped when they saw us.

"Take h-him." Sam said and they came towards me.

"No! N-no!" I screamed, trying to hold onto Chase. They took him away from me and Virgil pulled me into his arms, holding me tightly.

I watched as they took Chase out of the room, his body covered. I cried harder, wanting him back, wishing I was in his place.

I sobbed into Virgil's chest, not believing what's happening.

He's gone. He left me.

Oh, God. He's really gone.

I cried harder, struggling to catch my breath.

I shut my eyes tightly, trying to breathe, but I can't. This has to be a dream. It can't be real.

It's all done.

Everything. It's over just like that.

My chest began to hurt and I clutched my shirt, sobbing on Virgil's shoulder.

*********************************************

"Hey, why are you all sad?" George asked as we all walked into the house. I burst into tears at his question. "Where's Uncle Chase?"

Soon, the others started to cry and George stared at us. I hugged the little boy tightly, not wanting to tell him the terrible news.

"Chase, went to a b-better place." Virgil said, putting a hand on George's shoulder.

"Okay." George sighed. "Well, when will he be back?" He asked and I sobbed, feeling my heart shatter.

"H-how about we get you ready f-for bed." Aiden said, taking George upstairs with him.

I stayed on the ground, clutching my chest. I don't know if it's hurting this much from my wound, from what's going on, or from both.

I can't think clearly.

It happened so fast. So fucking fast.

And I can't help but blame myself for his death.

"It's not your fault." Virgil said, helping me up. "Things happen for a reason."

"I wish I knew the r-reason to this." I whispered the words and walked away from everyone, going upstairs.

I took a deep breath before entering Chase's room. It smells exactly like him.

I shut the door behind me and cried, going to the bed. I laid down and hugged his pillow close to me.

This isn't fair. I'd take his place in a heartbeat if I could. He should be here. He had way more to live for than I do.

The door opened and George walked into the room, tears rolling down his cheeks.

"I-is Uncle Chase with D-Dad?" George asked, coming towards me.

I pulled him into my arms, silently crying. And my silence was enough to answer his question as he began crying with me.

Aliyah and Sam walked into the room, their eyes red from crying so much. I waved them over and they came to the bed, hugging George and I.

We all stayed silent in each other's arms.

Lou pulling the trigger played over and over again in my mind. The last look in Chase's eyes never left my brain.

I sat up, struggling to breathe. I stood from the bed, clutching my chest.

"Vivian, you n-need to breathe." Sam said and came beside me. She quickly held me up as I fell to the floor. She let me down gently, sitting beside me.

"O-oh God-d." I sobbed. "I-I need h-him here w-with me." I cried loudly. "It h-hurts."

Sam hugged me tightly, rubbing my back as we all cried.

"M-make it s-stop." I begged and Sam put a hand on the back of my head. "Please...make i-it stop." I sobbed on her shoulder.

"Vivian, p-please." Sam begged me to stop, crying harder now. "I'm so sorry y-you had to s-see him like th-that."

The tears rolled numbly down my cheeks. I didn't hug Sam back yet. I stared out of the window, feeling numb without him.

What's going to happen now?

~~~~~~~~
Hope you enjoyed!

I'll be honest, I cried. 😔🤚 Am I the only one?

Don't forget to comment and/or vote! Thank you for reading❤️

Until then✌🏼