"Hiking Gone Wrong"

"Vivian." Sam whispered, violently shaking me to get me to wake up. "Vivian!" She whisper shouted.

"What?" I groaned and turned my head away from her. "Go to sleep."

"Do you hear that?" She asked and I quickly sat up, getting scared.

"Huh?" I muttered and she stood up. "Wait, don't leave me." I quickly went after her.

"Let's go." She said, about to go downstairs.

"You got me fucked up if you think I'm about to go downstairs while hearing those noises. Don't you watch movies and see how the first people die? They die by investigating." I said, refusing to go.

"What is that?" Sam whispered and I looked at the bottom of the stairs to see a figure.

My heart dropped to my ass.

It began running upstairs fast.

I screamed and quickly ran, Sam following behind me. We went into Aliyah's room and slammed the door shut behind us.

"What the fuck?" Aiden groaned as Sam turned the lights on. The person banged on the door and I screamed again. "Open the door." Aiden said.

"Hell no!" I refused and the banging happened again. Sam pushed me and opened the door.

We looked to see a man in a mask. And I notice those eyes.

I grabbed the mask and yanked it off, glaring at Carlos. Logan and Virgil came out, laughing at us.

"Fucking assholes." Sam muttered and I threw the mask at them, glaring at them.

But it's my first time seeing Virgil laugh.

"What did I miss?" Aliyah mumbled, rubbing her eyes. And I couldn't hold back my laughter.

There was a thud and we all went quiet.

"That wasn't you guys though." I stated as we all stared at each other.

Not afraid since everyone is up, I went to the top of the stairs and looked down. The lights at the bottom of the stairs are on now.

And Chase is laying on his back in front of the front door. I couldn't stop myself from going to check on him.

"Vivian." He slurred, his eyes lighting up when he saw me. I sighed and Virgil came down to check on Chase as well.

"George is at Jimmy's again, right?" I asked Virgil, bringing up something random so Chase won't spill his secrets to us.

"Yeah. We let him go there to keep him from seeing the things we do. And he has men with him, so he'll be safe." Virgil said, helping me take Chase upstairs.

"Jimmy and his family don't find it weird that George always has these men with him?" I asked and let go of Chase so Virgil could put him on the bed.

"No. They know that Nate and Chase have a dangerous life from their popularity." Virgil said.

"But it's not because of their popularity." I stated and Virgil looked at me.

"They don't have to know that." Virgil muttered and I sighed, shaking my head at him.

Chase grabbed my hand before Virgil and I could walk away. He intertwined his with mine and I met his eyes.

"Talk it out when you two can." Virgil patted my back and walked out.

"Come here." Chase mumbled and I sighed softly, sitting on the bed. "Do you hate me?" He slurred.

"No." I whispered and ran my hand through his hair. He shut his eyes, starting to relax.