"It's Our Place"

Chase

I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I looked at Vivian and smiled. She's really here.

"Chase?" She whispered, rubbing her eyes.

"I'm here." I said. She smiled and put a hand on my cheek. "I love you." I leaned down and rested my forehead against hers.

"I love you, too." She replied. Vivian pressed her lips against mine and all of a sudden I feel alive again. I feel happy.

I pulled back and lifted her shirt a bit.

"We should get you and the babies checked." I said, putting a hand on her stomach and smiling.

"Okay. Can we do it later though? I'm so tired." She groaned. I kissed her again and put the blanket on her as I pulled away.

"We can do it tomorrow if you'd like." I said. I furrowed my eyebrows a bit as she started to cry. "Vivian? What's wrong?"

"I just- I love you." She cried. "I'm sorry." She hugged me. I hugged her closer to me. "Just remember that I love you."

"Vivian-" She disappeared from my arms.

***********************

I quickly sat up from my bed, breathing heavily and sweat rolling down my forehead.

I stood from the bed and went to the bathroom, washing my face with cold water. As I dried my face with a towel, I couldn't help but think about the dream over and over again.

I left the bathroom and saw George still asleep on the bed. Thank God I didn't wake him up.

I left the room and went to Carlos's room. Vivian is in there with him.

But she hates me.

I turned to go back to my room and stopped when she stood there.

"What are you doing?" She whispered, shutting the bathroom door and stepping towards me.

"Nothing." I replied and cleared my throat as I looked away from her.

"You always look away when you lie." Vivian stated, placing a hand on my cheek and forcing me to look at her. "Are you okay?"

"You should be sleeping." I said and took her hand off, noticing the slight frown on her lips.

"Okay. Goodnight, Chase." She whispered and gave me a small smile. I turned, watching as she walked to the door.

"Vivian-"

"You don't have to be shy, Cha-cha." She cut me off and laughed softly. "You can have one whenever you'd like."

And without another word, she wrapped her arms around me and hugged me tightly, making me feel safe, comfortable, and alive.

I hugged her back, afraid that she'll disappear.

"Don't leave me." I whispered, feeling my eyes sting. I can't lose her; she's everything to me.

After my ex girlfriend, Rose, died, I haven't been the same. She was the light to my life and I loved her so much. That was until I realized who she really was: a monster.

Vivian makes me feel happy again. She makes me want to live.

I slowly pulled back and stared down at her. Vivian smiled up at me, her eyes glowing every time she smiles.

"Have you opened your gifts?" I asked and she looks a bit confused. "The Christmas gifts."

"No. I feel bad because I didn't get you guys-"