"The Cafe"

Chase

"Chase." I looked up as Aliyah came from the basement, Sam following after her. "She won't talk." Aliyah said.

"What if she isn't the mole?" Carlos spoke up, standing from the couch.

"No, it's definitely her." Sam replied. "She kept rubbing it in our face how we'd never find George."

I looked to see how hurt Carlos is.

"Go in there." I said to Carlos, making all of them turn to me. "Make her feel bad about everything."

"I can't-"

"George could die any moment now. There's no 'I can't' idiot." Virgil cut him off.

"Grow some and go in there." Logan said and patted his back. Carlos slowly began walking to the basement door.

"Aliyah." I muttered and nodded to the door. She waited there for Carlos. "Tell him what to do, Logan."

Carlos

She's sitting on a chair, tied up and bleeding.

What did they do to her?

"Here to beat me up some more?" She spit blood onto the ground, not looking up at me.

"Why?" I whispered and she looked up, meeting my eyes. "I trusted you. I told you everything."

"And you're an idiot for it." She laughed, throwing her head back. "You really think I'd love someone like you?"

I feel the tears burning my eyes, but I won't break in front of her. I refuse to give her that satisfaction.

I turned to Aliyah and she nodded once.

"I still love you." I said, walking towards Emily, pulling out the ring Sam gave me. "And I was planning on proposing." I lied, not knowing how I'm doing this so well.

And then a tear escaped my eye, rolling down my cheek.

"You were my first girlfriend." I looked up, meeting her eyes. "The first person I wanted to be with forever. And I don't think I'll ever love someone as much as I loved you." I said.

"Y-you were going to.." Her words trailed off as she stared at the ring.

I clenched my jaw tightly and dropped the ring onto the floor. She watched it fall.

"Congratulations on getting what you wanted. Not only did you trick us all, but you broke me." I muttered and stood up. "Tell Chase he can do whatever, I'm done talking to her."

"Carlos, wait." She said and I forced myself to keep walking away. "Carlos!"

Aliyah and I disappeared up the stairs. She shut the basement door and the others stood up.

"Did it work?" Logan asked as Aliyah and I walked towards them.

"Yeah. Chase, now it's your turn. Make it quick. We don't have time." I said and Chase went down, not wasting any time.

We took our seats and waited.

Not a minute passed when Chase came back.

"She said she'll tell us where they're holding George at." Chase said. "But she'll only tell Carlos."

"You got this. You did good." Aliyah said and patted my back as I stood up. Chase followed me down after telling Virgil to get the men ready.

"Carlos, I'm so sorry. I do love you. S-so much." Emily cried, staring at me with pleading eyes. "I'm so-"

"Where is George?" I cut her off, staring at her with no emotion in my tone or expression.

"Carlos-"

"She's not talking. I'm done." I muttered, turning back to Chase.

"At the cafe. He's at the cafe next to the library." She said, her head down.

"You won't want to see this." Chase sighed and patted my back as he pulled his gun out, walking towards Emily.

I watched as he held the gun to her head. Chase turned to me, giving me a chance to look away.

"I'm sorry." Emily whispered and my eyes shut automatically as Chase pulled the trigger.

I stayed frozen for a while, forcing my tears back.

I didn't bother to look at them. I turned away and made my way up the stairs.

"The cafe near the library." I said, going upstairs. "George is there."

"Everyone get going. I called a friend and he's dealing with the police, so you won't have to worry about that." Chase said, coming upstairs and wiping off the blood on him.

"Let's go. You're coming with me." Virgil said to me and we left the house, going to a car. "You know how to shoot a gun?"

"Yeah. Aiden's been teaching me." I replied and he put a gun into my hands.

"You might have to shoot someone. Don't let it get to you. It's rather be killed or kill." Virgil noted, not looking back at me as he got into the car. "Let's go."

I got in and he drove fast, not bothering to put his seatbelt on.

*********************************

"Carlos and Aiden, you two go from the back. All of us will go from the front." Chase said.

Aiden and I began going behind the cafe, making sure we're quick and quiet.

"He has so many men. Why aren't other men coming with us?" I asked Aiden.

"We'll be the surprise attackers in case something bad happens." Aiden explained briefly.

Soon, gunshots were heard and some screaming. I scrunched my face a bit, feeling uneasy.

Aiden shot someone who ran out from the back. We walked towards the door and stepped inside.

"George!" Aiden whispered and ran to him. I pointed my gun, having Aiden's back as he cut the ropes around George.

"Sneak him out to the car. I'll check why everything got quiet." I whispered and Aiden left with George.

I'm thankful I didn't have to shoot anyone.

I quietly stepped out from the back and stopped when I saw Ben standing in the middle of the place with a gun to Virgil's head.

"Put your guns down!" Ben shouted. Chase saw me and ordered everyone to lower their guns.

We surprise attacked them. There's only a few men laying on the ground here. They didn't expect us to come or else there would have been more bodies.

I pointed my gun at Ben. Logan gave me a small nod and I hesitated.

"Get out or I'll-"

I pulled the trigger and watched as Ben's body fell to the floor.

"Where's George?" Chase quickly asked, coming towards me. He pushed me a bit when I wouldn't reply back.

I really just shot someone.

"Aiden snuck him out from the back. They're both in the car." I finally said. Soon, we all made our way out of the cafe.

"Clean up the blood out here. Keep the bodies in there for Lou to see." Chase said to Logan and Virgil. "Lock up the place and make sure no one can get in."

"You did good." Virgil said and I nodded once. I followed Chase to the car.

The door opened and George ran out. Chase pulled George into his arms and hugged him tightly as the little boy cried.

That poor kid has gone through so much.

And we still have to find Lou.

~~~~~~~~
Hope you enjoyed!

Don't forget to comment and/or vote! Thank you for reading❤️

Until then✌🏼