Filling The Void | Chapter Thirty - Five | Grief Sucks.

We're all familiar with grief.

Be it losing a dog, a fish, or even a person and believe it or not it's not as rare as you think for someone to lose both of their parents.

However, for a girl who lives in Santa Barbra with a pink Cadillac, it is the end of the world.

As I stare up at the ceiling from Kaitlyn's bed and try to take deep breaths I wonder what the doctors are doing to help my dad.

We just got home from the hospital and all I have to say is, "I hate Cancer."

At my words reality hits and the tears resurface, "And I hate crying all the freaking time! It's like it never stops!"

I violently wipe the tears away with the sleeves on Ryders sweatshirt and sniffle.

Kaitlyn of course, calms me down by rubbing circles on my back, "Hun, I know this is hard...but maybe you should look at it from a different angle."

I laugh through my noes, "I've tried Kaitlyn. When my mother died I was happy, but only because of my father...now I'm losing him...my only other guardian. I'll have to go into foster care, and then- and then-"

Tears start to pour out as a take shaky breaths and sob into her shirt.

"It's alright Aspen, you can cry. It's always okay to cry."

I don't know what gods plan is for me, but right now it seems like he's throwing me onto a path of no forgiveness.

I suppose I'll be eighteen soon, then I'll be in charge of myself.

"Hey, Kaitlyn have you seen-"

When the familiar voice of Ryder announces itself I look up.

Of course, Ryder has seen me cry before. But, usually that was when I got slime spilled on me, and usually, that was because he had done it.

"Aspen, what's wrong?"

My heart completely re-shatters when I see him, "I-I-my dad- he-"

Kaitlyn rests  her hand on mine, and as if it wasn't the death of the most important man in my life she says, "He's only got a week left."

_________

Hopefully you don't mind that short chapter. Sorry lol
🖤