Filling The Void | Chapter Forty - Four | Cheesecake

Kaitlyn was gone.

Apparently her leadership teacher needed her to help people collect the contact info for their dates and all that.

So being the great friend she is, she left me to undo the impossible bun on top of my head and instead Ryder had stepped in to help me clean up backstage.

"So you won, how does that feel?"

I sigh and look at myself in the mirror, noticing a small similarity to my mother staring back at me, "I think I won the greatest prize of all."

He smirks and comes over, draping his arms around me as we look at each other in the reflection, "And what is that?"

I smile softly and rest my head against his arm, "You."

He smiles and breaths out of his noes as he places a kiss on my cheek, "Well i won too ya know."

I smile and scoot the chair out, standing up to face him, "Oh yeah? What'd you win?"

He smirks and grabs my hand, twirling me around before pulling me into him, "A date with you."

I nod in agreement, "So your tickets worked then?"

He nods in excitement, "Hopefully I won't have to spend fifty bucks from now on just to have a chance to go on more dates with you."

I laugh, "Well I heard disney tickets are a lot more than that..so we better start saving."

He chuckles and pulls me into him, "You look happier than I've seen you in a long time."

I bite my lip, "It hasn't been that long."

"It was for me, but what I don't understand is how you fought it...both of your parents are gone and you look more radiant than ever."

I smile up at him, joy filling my heart as I remember their faces as they watched my speak.

"I guess you could say I found peace with it."

Cupping my face in his hands, he leans in and stops right when our foreheads touch. "So does that mean I get to call you sunshine again?"

I smile and look into his brown eyes, the butterflies still swarming in my stomach, "I think I actually like cheesecake better."

He rolls his eyes and closes the distance between us as he presses his lips against mine, his hand sliding to wrap around my waist.

And for the first time, I really am okay. There's no act, or fake smile going on.

Only pure bliss, because in a way...

I've gotten everything I wanted.