Filling The Void | ChapterForty - Two | Lets Get Down To Buisness

"Its the auction today! Aspens dating my brother, I'm gonna be an aunt, and my niece is gonna have bright blue eyes!"

I laugh as I watch Kaitlyn bounce around her room, cleaning up the dirty laundry scattered around.

"Kaitlyn don't be too excited about it."

Her eyes widen as she pops up from behind the bean bag chair, "What do you mean?! He told you he's in love with you through a handwritten note. If that's not cliche I don't know what is."

I laugh as she flops down into my usual spot.

Today we had swaped places so she could do my hair and makeup, she said something about how my posture should be top notch all day so that I could stand taller than the other girls.

Kaitlyn has been really excited about this event the past week. It was fair of her, she had been working on it long before everything happened with my dad and the house. She was the main lead for this fundraiser, and she's the one who helped it along. It was pretty much her baby.

However, it was amazing how she took the time to grieve with me, completely setting aside any excitement she had for the auction.

"It was pretty romantic." I mutter, thanking the closed door and the distance between Ryder and Kaitlyn's room.

She sighs, "I wish I wish I wish."

I laugh, "What's going on with Josh anyway? And what happened to Calvin?"

"Oh, Calvin didn't work out...turns out he had girlfriends."

I furrow my brows, "He had A girlfriend?"

She rolls her eyes as she pulls out her makeup bag, "Nope. Three."

My jaw drops, and when she looks up at me we both bust out laughing.

"Oh my god! He was such a smooth talker!"

She nods, her smile widening, "And I was so oblivious. The more I look back at it, the more I realize that he was hitting on every girl there."

We both continue to laugh as she selects the products from the bag.

"Let's not get too caught up in your love life, if we think about it too much it'll never come."

She scoffs, "Based off my beauty, I don't think it matters how much I think about it."

Another laugh escapes us as we settle in and fear strikes as I remember all the times I've let her do my makeup.

"Uh...maybe we could just go to a salon and-"

"Don't underestimate my skills, the last time I did something to your beautiful face I was eight. So please-..." She says, opening the tube of concealer, "Give me a shot."

I smile and shake my hair away from my face, "Work your magic."

After my butt had gone completely numb in the chair, I shifted onto my knees, earning an annoyed look from Kaitlyn.

"I'm done so quit complaining." She smirks, helping me stand up by grabbing my hands.

When I turn to look back at myself in the mirror it is nothing alike the disasters that used to appear after Kaitlyn had the brushes in her hand. In fact it was even better.

Concelear had cleaned up any blemishes and my freckles seemed to stand out against the black mascara she had applied.

"It looks amazing Kait, where did you learn this stuff?"