Filling The Void | Sequel (im not sure what to call it)

Haley Nicholson

My mom always says I'm a trouble maker. I don't know why but I'd like to chalk it up to her disappointment in me.

I didn't turn out how she wanted me to. I'm not girly, I hate the beach and I'd rather dress in cool dark tones than bright yellows.

We're just different.

She spent her days at the beach, crushing on boys and drawing on the sidewalk with chalk. I spend my days reading, posting on my blog and hating boys.

I think the only person that really understands me is Aunt Kaitlyn. She's not much different than my mom but she tells me that at the age of seventeen she was just like me. Confused, and still trying to find herself.

She's beautiful and a wack job but also totally cool. She's unique and authentic. I don't mind the person she found.

Someday I wish to be just like her, completely accepted by society despite her funky new hair colors. To have my dad not bother me about boys even though he knows I'm not looking.

To have my mom, love me for who I am instead of trying to change me.

I guess for now I'll just drive to school in my moms bright pink Cadillac - being stared at along the way.

The road continues on in front of me, palm trees lining the streets as I drive Elegance Way. My soft indie music plays in the background and I bob my head, checking out the thick black eyeliner that lines my weird discolored eyes.

I groan and close the mirror flap, returning my attention to the intersection. I've always hated my eyes, their weird and undefined. They change constantly and to be honest with you I blame my dad. He's the one with the beautiful green.

He just had to mix it with Aspen Water's perfectly clear water blue. Leaving me with a yucky barf color.

I sigh, watching the red light.

Next, to me, a sleek black car pulls up and I immediately scoff at its license plate. BOSSMAN.

More like, Dickwad.

I can see him through the passenger side window of his car, the front windows not as tinted as the back ones.

His blonde hair pokes out from behind a girl's profile and I can't help but watch as they engage in what looks to be a make-out session.

"Gross," I mumble, moving my gaze to the lights.

It turns green and I press my foot down on the pedal, only to have Dickwads car rev out in front of me, cutting me off as he wraps the corner.

I slam on my brakes and my body jolts forward, my daily headache now a thousand times worse. Minutes of harsh language continue as I sit in my car, my heart racing.

I wanted to scream. I wanted to punch something. I wanted to run him over. But I went with screaming instead.

When I finally got to school and pulled into the parking spot right next to his, like always - I did.

"What the hell is your problem?!"

He looks at me and then to his car, the door open as he grabs his bag.

He's wearing a black hoodie today and I hate myself for loving how it fits in all the right places. Not because I like him! God no, but because I'm jealous.

I'd buy it off of him if I didn't know how stubborn he was.

The brunette girl who he'd been kissing steps out, her red lipstick smudged. She wipes at it and giggles innocently, waving at him and receiving an effortless wink- his usual player ways coming off sensible and nice.

I bite my tongue.

Once she's gone he looks at me, "What do you want Nicholson."

I huff, crossing my arms, "Very funny. You know you can't just act innocent and expect to get by like that your whole life."

He rolls his eyes, leaning against his car, his ankle crossed over the other.

"Life comes with responsibility," I say, lifting my chin, "...and sometimes that means owning up to your mistakes."

He stares at me hard and I hear kids walking past us as the parking lot begins to fill up. It's hot today, a nice time to doddle outside.
They aren't really watching but I know they will soon, and I'm not one for attention.

His eyes un-narrow and slowly the corner of his mouth lifts into a side smile and he laughs.

"What are you-"

"You know what Haley," He starts, interrupting me as he pushes off from where he'd been leaning.

"...if what you want is an apology..."He looks at me, his eyes a soft brown, filled with fake sincerity," You aren't going to get one."

My mouth drops in shock and I stand still as he brushes past me. Once his arrogance hits me and I realize what he'd said I spin around to see the back of his head.

The words are stuck in the back of my throat but I manage a confident, "You're gonna pay for this Charles!"

His laugh echos out into the air, swept away by the wind before he says, "Name the price Hales! Name the price."

Anger seeps through me and I clench my knuckles, my eyes narrowing as he walks away toward the school.

What would Aunt Kaitlyn do?....

I swallow, taking deep breaths and counting to ten. It doesn't work - and that's how I found myself pulling out my pocket knife and slashing his tires.

__________

Okay, guys, this was a bonus chapter of Filling the void. I wrote it in Aspen and Ryder's daughters perspective and I think...I THINK!....we may have a sequel on our hands.

What do we think? Are we interested? Are we hooked? Let me know!

Also comment title ideas if you do want a sequel :)

🖤

P. s (there is a Natalee spin off short story I'm doing! It's called Airdrop! Go find it on my profile :)

 s (there is a Natalee spin off short story I'm doing! It's called Airdrop! Go find it on my profile :)