3. Neymar Is There Something I Should Know?

Alma's POV

After Neymar walked out on me yesterday, I tried calling him multiple times but he didn't pick up so I decided to let him sleep on it. It's not like I meant anything I said to him yesterday.

So before heading to work today, I made it a point to drive past his house first.

I pulled up in his driveway and walked up to his doorstep and knocked on the front door lightly.

After the second knock, he opened the door still in his pyjamas. It was still way too early for him to be at practice anyway.

"Hey." I say softly.

"Hi." He greets back. His voice was so low I could barely hear him.

He opened the door wide enough for me to enter, and I did.

"Did I wake you?" I start, turning to face him.

"You did." He simply states after closing the door.

I quietly sigh because I know I didn't wake him, he was just being rude. He literally opened the door 10 seconds after I knocked.

"Look Neymar, I'm sorry about yesterday. I just had a long day and wasn't in a good shape and ended up saying things I didn't mean." I apologize. Sincerely, I should add. And hear the shitty response I get.

"Okay." He shrugged, walking past me.

I open my mouth to say something but he was already making his way back upstairs.

"You can see yourself out." He said again before disappearing upstairs.

I forgot how hard headed he is. Just forgive me so we can continue loving each other, for God's sake! I roll my eyes and make my way back to my car then drove off.
_

After work, I went to meet Emma because apparently she had something to talk to me about and it just couldn't wait. But when I got there she got all nervous about it and told me to ask Neymar instead. As if him and I aren't going through enough already.

So I decided to drive past Neymar's house again before heading back to mine. He should be back from training by now anyway.

I knock but there's no answer and I decide to let myself in. He was laying on his couch knocked out, probably exhausted from practice.

Typical Neymar. Always over-working himself.

I look over to the table and spot take away food. Was he so tired that he couldn't even cook dinner? Smh.

I clean up and throw the trash away then came back to sit on the couch, laying his head gentley on my lap.

He looked so peaceful in his sleep, he looked almost like an angel and it made me regret every harsh word I've ever said to him. Yeah sure, he puts up a front and pretends not to care about everything but I know he does. Even if he's never said it, I just know. I've been in his life long enough to figure it out.

I run my fingers softly through his hair and he shifts his body a little, getting himself comfortable. Well won't you look at that? Someone's happy to have me here after all.
_

I was typing on my phone, replying to Emma to tell her not to pass by my house anymore since I'll be at Neymar's for some time, when Neymar moved again.

I glanced down at him to see him finally awake but he didn't move his head from my lap. I put my phone down and started playing with his hair again.

"I came around, only to find you sleeping." I spoke up. "Figured maybe you were exhausted from training." I continued when he didn't say anything.

I sighed loudly when he kept quiet again, I'm guessing he's still mad.