5. Maybe You Should Leave.

Alma's POV

My thoughts were interrupted by my phone vibrating furiously next to me. My eyes quickly turn to it and I see Emma's name on the caller ID. I pick it up, being greeted by her soothing voice on the other end.

"Hey Alma. Can you come by my house real quick? I need help with something, something really important." I stand up from my couch and headed upstairs.

"Yeah, yeah sure. Is anything wrong?" I ask, concerned.

"No, no. Everything's fine. I just need you to come over."

I tell her I'll be there shortly before hanging up. I change into a casual outfit then made my way out my house to my car, locking the door behind me.
_

I pull up in the driveway of Emma and Gérard's place, then grabbed my phone before jumping off and making my way to the front door. I knock on it slightly. After probably a couple of seconds, the door flies open and Emma attacks me with a hug. After she pulled away, I couldn't help the look on my face.

What's up with her?

"Uh, okay? Did your dog die or something?" I question awkwardly patting her back.

"What? Why would you think my dog died?" She asks, putting her hand dramatically over her heart. I scrunch my face at her for a moment then shook my head.

"Why am I here again?" I ask as I enter her house, deciding to change the subject.

"Well, Gérard and I came up with this idea to host a get-together-ish party with all the Barcelona players and their families and girlfriends so we can celebrate the upcoming season and for good luck and stuff. It was short notice but we managed to get almost everyone here." She informs cheerfully.

"And you decided not to tell me this before I came here because...?" I give her a glare but she just shrugs.

"You wouldn't have agreed to come." Before I could speak, she dragged me to her living room where most of the players were already settled and having drinks.

I smile seeing the guys who I barely knew almost a year ago but now they were like family to me. I hug all of them before we all engage in pointless conversations.

After a while, I make my way to the kitchen to get myself something to drink. As I was still busy in the fridge, I hear footsteps behind me before a voice yelled out my name.

I turn around to see only the cutest guy ever.

"Davi!" I shout back, matching his excitement.

He runs over to my already open arms and I hug him as tightly as I could, spinning his small figure around.

"I missed you so much!" I exclaimed once I put him down.

"I missed you too Alma." He giggles. He's grown so big. Where the fuck does the time go?!

"Who are you here with?" I question, sitting us both on the two chairs in the kitchen.

"Papai. He went to get me from my mom's place." He explains, his smile not leaving his face.

Wow, Neymar didn't even inform me that he's getting Davi today. We always fetch him together.

I smile back at the 7 year old in front of me before cupping his cheeks.

"Look at you! You're even more handsome than when I last saw you!" I playfully gasped.

He blushes a bit before one of the guys yells his name and he kisses my cheek before disappearing back into the living room.