8. One Mistake.

Alma's POV

It's been 3 days since my last encounter with Neymar or Bruna or any other person involved with the two.

Sure, Bruna texted me here and there wanting us to meet up for lunch or to go shopping but I turned her down every time, blaming it on work.

I just didn't know how to act around her or if I'd be able to look the woman who is with the man I love in the face. I'm just not ready to hear her talk about the two of them, I'm a girl and I know how hard it is to shut up about your boyfriend especially if he is Neymar Jr.

I've been there, I know.

As I make my way to pour me a glass of water, my phone rings from my pocket and I groan in response. Really not in the mood to socialize right now. My eyes scan the screen and the manager of the hospital I work at's name was spread across the screen.

What now? I swear if I have to do a night shift I'm gonna lose it. I sigh before answering it, silently praying that I'm not about to do a night shift. I really hated those. I can barely stay awake during the day, how can they expect me to stay awake during the whole night?

"Hey Alma? It's Derick." His voice fills my phone speakers.

"Hey Derick. What's up? Is everything okay at the hospital?" I ask, genuinely worried.

"Yes, yes. Everything is good. I just have news for you. Probably the biggest opportunity of your entire career." He informs, excitement filling his voice. I narrow my eyebrows in confusion before speaking up.

"I'm not following."

He slightly chuckles. "Being the top hospital in Barcelona, we had received a call earlier today asking if we had any doctors who were willing to travel. The FC Barcelona team management had requested a doctor for their team who'll be with them as they travel to different places for different games. Us, as the hospital superiors talked this through and we came to an agreement that you will go with the team." He explains and I could just see him standing tall, proud of the speech he just gave.

"What?! Why me?!" I shrieked.

"Miss Stones is that a serious question? We've taken the fact that you know most, if not all, of the Barcelona teammates into consideration and the fact that you know how they operate so we won't have to worry about any conflicts while you're away with them." He continues.

"Couldn't you take another doctor maybe? Carol for example. Or Lisa! Maybe even Jake. I don't know, anyone except for me!" I exclaimed.

"Sorry Miss Stones but the final decision has already been made. You're going."

I scoffed, "How do you even make a final decision about me without actually consulting me?!" I semi yell. I could feel him shrugging on the other end.

"Come in tomorrow to sign all the paperwork required. Congratulations."

And with that, he hung up. What the actual hell? Don't I have a say in anything? Nothing at all? Congratulations my foot.

I rolled my eyes in frustration and made my way to bed. This is actual disrespect and I don't need this right now.
_

So as Dr Derick insisted yesterday, I did go to the hospital to sign the paperwork regarding the job I was offered. The FC Barcelona coach and a couple of others were there too and it sunk in that this was actually happening. After signing everything, they told me that I'll be coming in, soon.

So not looking forward to it.

When I got home, I got to packing cause I know if I left it for last minute then I wouldn't get everything that I needed to have. I hesitated on whether to tell Lionel or not.