32. Arnold?

"It's possible, isn't it? It's possible that you can meet somebody who's perfect for you even though you're committed to somebody else."

"No. See the thing is, if you're committed to somebody you don't allow yourself to find perfection in someone else."

"You're just telling me what I don't wanna hear."

"Well if it's what you wanna hear, I think you've already made up your mind."

~

Alma's POV

"You know Henderson's gonna be pretty upset that I brought you along instead of him." I spoke up as Trent and I walked around, looking at cars for sale. I was so over taking taxis and ubers whenever I needed to get somewhere.

"He'll get over it." He shrugged with a chuckle. "That one's perfect!" I heard him exclaim and I turned to see him pointing at some car, looking like a kid who just saw a jug full of candy.

I just stood there, folding my arms to my chest. "Excuse me but have you met me? I'm a beautiful and successful young woman, okay? I can't be driving some sports car like some teenage boy sponsored by his rich parents. I want something elegant and classy." I said matter-of-factly.

He just rolled his eyes as we continued to look around.

If I liked one then he didn't and if he liked one, I wouldn't like it. But after a long while, we finally found one we both agreed on. It was honestly really beautiful.

We went on over to where I'd be paying for it and I signed a bunch of papers. It was such a great feeling having to pay for this car myself. It's just really rewarding.