34. Uh, hi.

Alma's POV

I was currently at Val's home since she insisted I came over for dinner. I thought it'd be weird, you know having to sit at the dining table with your boss but this Mr Klopp was literally so different from the Mr Klopp who coached Liverpool.

He was warm, friendly, so laid back. And he was just a father. I admired how he treated me as Valentina's friend also and not the girl who works for the team he coaches.

With Valentina's mom not around, it was just the two of them and they honestly looked out for each other. She took care of her dad as much as he took care of her. I learned that she passed away almost 3 years ago due to Leukaemia. It literally broke my heart because I can't imagine how much losing a parent must hurt.

"You know, your dad really loves you." I said as we sat on her bed, in her room.

We had just finished having dinner and decided to go up to her room to just chill.

She smiled sadly. "He always says I remind him so much of my mom."

I placed my hand on her thigh in attempt to comfort her even though I know that nothing could really make the pain she was feeling go away. It may have been a couple of years ago but they evidently were still hurting.

"But you know, ever since I met Virgil, I've been coping. He's been there for me, whether it's at 3pm or at 12 midnight. He's been there during all my breakdowns, all my worst moments, when I was at my last breaking point and he's done nothing but love me. It kinda makes me sad that we can't be open about it. I mean, I'm such a better person with him around and the fact that all these rules and stuff look past that is frustrating. I sometimes wish I hadn't been Klopp's daughter."

I just sat there in silence. Her saying this made me look at their relationship in a different light. I honestly always thought it was just a fun thing and they weren't really that invested in each other but by the looks of it - I've been completely wrong. She loved him. She really did.

"How are things between you and Trent?" She asked after a while.

I just sighed. What could I say?

"It's honestly just depressing." I frowned. "I mean, having to be around him almost everyday just sucks. It was better before because we would talk occasionally, but now all this not even speaking to each other thing - it's killing me."

"Well you can't really blame him for distancing himself." She said.

"I just," I start. "I'm not as brave as you, okay? Maybe you and Virgil don't really care about what would happen if you guys ever get caught. But I do." I confessed.

"There's just one thing I'm sure of Alma. In whatever that would happen if what's going on between you two ever got exposed - I know you wouldn't go through it alone. I don't know if you've noticed but that guy cares for you so much that he'd give everything up for you if you asked him to." She said before leaning against the headboard and pulling me in for a cuddle as we watched the telenovela that played on the big screen in front of us.

-

I pulled up in the parking lot next to the training ground the following day. I somehow managed to exhaust myself yesterday and I just didn't wanna be here. Another car pulls up, a couple of parking spaces away from me and I instantly recognised it.

As he got out, taking his training bag out the car, I approached him.

"Hey."

He turned around to see who it was, his emotionless eyes landing on me.

"Hi."

"Can we talk? Please." I said. More like begged.

"About what?" He shrugged, still with a straight face as he locked his car and stood in front of me - waiting on what I had to say.