30. This Isn't About Him.

Alma's POV.

Trent looked up from his phone, his eyes landing on me. "Oh hey. I didn't realize you guys have arrived." He said, taking a seat next to me on the couch - a reasonable distance still remained between us.

How is it that they knew we were gonna be here but I didn't know they were gonna be here too?

"Hey." I smile slightly. And at that moment, Val and Virgil appeared with snacks and beverages from the kitchen.

"So how about a movie?" Val suggested and everyone in the room seemed to agree. Virgil went upstairs and came down with 3 blankets for us to share since it was quite chilly.

With Firmino and Henderson having sat next to each other, they had to share one. And obviously Val and Virgil were gonna be sharing together - which left Trent and I since he decided to take a seat next to me earlier on.

If I had known that we'd be sharing blankets, I would've traded places with Firmino or Hendo without any hesitation. I just didn't think me sitting this close to Trent was really such a good idea. I didn't protest though, because then they'd wonder why I'm so bothered by sitting next to him if I'm over everything.

The lights were turned off as the movie began. These idiots had decided on putting on 'Don't Breathe' and even if you don't know the movie, the title just gives it away. And I've never been a fan of horrors.

I had a problem with the person next to me and with the movie playing on the screen in front of me. It was definitely gonna be a long 2 hours.

After like halfway through the movie, I glanced over only to find that Val and Virgil had left. Probably went upstairs, and I wondered to myself how I didn't see them leave. I mean it's dark in here but I'm sure I could've heard something.

And when I looked in the other direction, I almost laughed when my eyes landed on Firmino and Henderson looking like the gayest couple ever. They had fallen asleep and I'm guessing they just ended up sort of cuddling somehow.

I turned to look back to the screen in front of me. I jumped slightly, covering my face with the blanket when some scary scene came on. I hated horror movies with a passion and I could just feel the goosebumps on my skin right now.

I hear someone chuckle next to me and it came back to me that someone was sitting here. I had completely forgot.

"It's not funny."

"You should see your face." He let out a soft laugh.

I playfully punched his arm, rolling my eyes at him.

With the couple somewhere upstairs and the others fast asleep on the couch next to the one we're sitting on, we were basically the only ones left in the room. First time it's been just the two of us in a while.

He turned to look at me and I could see him in the corner of my eye but I tried to ignore it. I eventually gave in, and looked back at him.

"What?"

"Come closer." He said.

"Trent I-"

"Please."

I could've refused, I should've refused. But I found myself moving closer to him until I could feel our bodies touching. When I was close enough, he put his arm around me and pulled me even closer so that I had my head on his chest.

It took a little while for me to relax and when I finally did, I put my arm over his stomach - holding him as well. I didn't know why or what for but I loved the feeling that came along with it.