44. Sleep On That.

Alma's POV.

After dropping off Samantha at my place, I decided to head to Antonela's house just to spend a little bit of time with her since I was leaving tomorrow.

I knocked slightly on the door and patiently waited for an answer. A few seconds later, the door swung open and I smiled at the bearded man that now stood in front of me.

"Oh hey Alma." He greeted, motioning for me to come in.

"Hey, Leo. I'm actually here for Antonela, can you call her for me?" I asked as I walked to their living room with him following behind.

"Oh, you just missed her. She was having those weird cravings so she decided to go to the store. But you can wait for her, she shouldn't be long." He said.

"Alright, I'll just wait for her. I'm not in a hurry anyway.

"I'll go get you something to drink." He said before disappearing to the kitchen.

I leaned back on the couch, making myself comfortable as I waited for Anto. A few minutes later, I heard footsteps and my head turned to look in that direction. I was expecting to see Messi but my eyes instantly landed on his best friend.

"Oh, it's you." I said mindlessly, before turning my attention back to the phone that was currently in my hands.

"Yes Alma, it's me. Who did you expect to see?" He asked, clearly offended by my lack of interest in the fact that it's him.

"Uh, the actual owner of the house?" I said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. He just rolled his eyes.

"How come you're here?" He questioned before taking a seat on the couch as well.

"How come you're here?" I asked him back.

"Aren't you supposed to be with your boyfriend or something?" He asked bitterly.

Ugh, here we go again.

"I wanted to see Antonela." I shrugged. "And besides, we'll have all the time to be together when we get back to Liverpool."

He clenched his jaw but didn't say anything right away.

"Are you really serious about this guy? He doesn't even seem like your type!" He pointed out.

I groaned before locking my phone and turning to look at him. "This again? Didn't we just talk about this like a couple of hours ago? Damn." I rolled my eyes.

"Is he even in this as much as you are?" He pushed, ignoring my last comment.

"Actually Neymar, he is. He is invested in me. Cares for me. He is sacrificing and putting so much on the line for me. But of course, you wouldn't know anything about that." I stared at him.

"Oh yeah?" He asked, his voice challenging. "Well if he cares for you as much as you claim he does then where's your wedding ring at?" He harshly grabbed my indeed ringless hand.

I blinked a few time, his question taking me by complete surprise. He was right, there was no wedding ring. I quickly shook my head, not letting him get into my head and I snatched my hand away from him. Trent and I just fixed things like a month ago, there was no need for him to propose to me. Yet.

"You know, you say that but I don't remember you ever giving me a wedding ring. You claimed to love me, told me that I was your end-game but did you ever ask me to marry you?" I shoot back.

I could tell he wasn't expecting me to say any of that at all. He turned to look at Leo and they gave each other knowing looks but I didnt look into it too much.