Sequel.

Alma's POV

"Where have you been?" I asked quietly.

It was just after midnight and Trent had just got home. Late. Again.

"Out."

"You just got back, at this hour and all you have to say is out?"

"Can I just go to bed, I'm tired." He groaned.

"No Trent, you can't. This has been going on for way too long. I'm tired!" I closed my eyes, taking in a long deep breath. I could tell I was starting to lose my patience and the last thing I wanted was to be arguing with him at this hour.

"I was out with some friends, relax." He said blankly.

"I was with your friends 3 hours ago."

"Virgil and Jordan aren't the only friends I have you know."

Even though he did have a point, I knew he was lying. Don't ask me how, some things you just know.

"You're lying to me." I muttered.

"Alma I can't do this shit right now. These jealousy fits and all the bullshit that comes along with it - it doesn't suit you. I can't stand it."

My eyebrows rose as I turned to look at him. "Jealousy fits? Really? You're gonna pin this on me when you know the exact reason why I'm acting this way?"

He sighed quietly, his fingers making their way to his curls as he sat on the edge of our bed.

"You can't even look me in the eye." I pressed.

"What do you want me to say? Huh? What the hell do I have to say to get you to shut up, so I can fucking get some sleep?" His voice rose a bit.

"Just tell me, straight up, because this - all of this that's happening here, it hurts Trent." I said, trying to keep my voice steady. The last thing I needed was me breaking down right now. "The fact that you always come home every night, acting like I'm the best thing in your life right now, pretending like you weren't just with another woman... It fucking hurts. If you're gonna have a fucking affair behind my back, you should at least be good at making sure that I don't see it."

"What the fuck are you talking about?!"

I knew I was damn near my breaking point, and I could tell that he was getting a little pissed too so the outcome of this conversation wasn't looking pretty. He's stubborn and always wants to be right and I'm stubborn as well because I know I'm right, and that's just going to lead to a fight.

"For fuck's sake Trent, stop bullshiting me. All the late night calls that require you to take them outside? The hotel receipts - which is funny because we haven't gone out to any hotel in the last 3 months. You even have a fucking password on your phone now, that's new! Privacy is for cheaters."

"So what, we're raiding each other's phones now? Is that it?"

"That's not the point!"

"You know what, I'm done with this conversation. All these fucking accusations, you know I can't even stand you right now." He spat angrily, before taking off his shirt and making his way to our bed, aggressively pulling at the covers.

Before either of us could say anything, his phone rang, grabbing both or attention.

"Answer it."

"Even if I was gonna answer it, now I won't."

I rolled my eyes, he was literally so rude. And I knew that he really wasn't gonna answer it. Without another word said, he got in bed and laid on his back. His phone flashed again and I picked it up, seeing that he had a new voicemail. I opened it, putting it on loudspeaker.