42. I Promise.

Alma's POV

I'm pacing back and forth, going upstairs and back downstairs, with my mind all over the place. It's almost been 2 hours since Sam left and I still don't know where she is or if she's alright, at least physically because I know that emotionally, she's not. I was legit losing my head.

I tried calling her but she obviously didn't answer her phone until it just took me straight to voicemail. She left with my car as well so I couldn't really go out to look for her.

My phone rings, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Alma?"

"Yeah." I said mindlessly. If it wasn't Sam, I didn't wanna hear it.

"It's Gérard. Umh, Samantha came to my place about a couple of hours ago crying uncontrollably and she told me what happened."

"Is she okay? Is she safe?"

"Yes, don't worry. She's just sleeping at the moment. Look, I'm really sorry." He said.

I felt my body relax a bit. That's really all I needed to know.

"Thank you so much Pique. Please take care of her and make sure she's alright. Please?" I begged. If she wasn't here with me, I was happy with her being with Pique.

"Don't worry about it. I'll tell her to call you when she's awake."

I thanked him again before hanging up. I walked back upstairs deciding on taking a shower. If anything, then it's probably the one thing that'll take my mind off things and help me calm down a bit.

Stepping into the shower, the feeling of warm water seemed to relax me a bit but only for so long. A wave of emotions came over me when my mind drifted to the series of events that has taken place a while back.

I couldn't even hold the tears in no more. Just when I thought there were none left, they rushed down my cheeks, blending with the water pouring down on me. I didn't even bother crying silently because I was all alone.

I know I had to be strong, for both my sister and I, I know that. But it's just, it's all weighing on me too much and I'm hurting right now. I really am.

"Alma." Someone calls out just outside the shower. And I knew exactly who it was, there was no way I could miss that voice.

"Go away Neymar, I'm fine." I tried steadying my voice.

Knowing Pique, he probably told him what's going on. I had initially thought that he left, that is until the shower door slid open and he walked inside.

"Neymar please get out!" I semi yelled.

He just pulled me to him, and the more I tried to push him away, his grip on me just tightened.

"Let me go!" I punched on his chest as hard as I could but he still didn't dare to let me go. Feeling a hundred times weaker, I just collapsed in his arms, my tears showing no sign of running dry.

"Why?" I questioned. "Why is this happening to us? I know we're not the best people but we don't deserve this. It's so unfair."

"Shh." He said softly, still holding me close. And for the first time since I heard the news, I didn't feel so alone anymore. I felt protected and secure, as if all my troubles weren't so bad after all. "It'll be alright. Everything will be alright."

"You promise?"

"I promise."

And trust me, I'm smart enough to know that Neymar can't possibly guarantee that everything really will be alright but I was so desperate for those words, for someone to tell me that it will be, even if we're just kidding ourselves.