19. Noted.

Alma's POV

I quietly unlocked the front door, making sure not to make too much noise in case Sam was asleep. I make my way to the living room before plopping on the couch, followed by a loud sigh. It's been a long night.

"Well that must've been the most dramatic sigh I've ever heard in my life." Sam spoke up as she made her way down the stairs.

"Let me be." I shrugged her off.

She sat down next to me before looking at me expectantly. "So? How'd it go?"

I shrugged, almost sadly. "How else would it go?"

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know, I don't know how it went." I said, mindlessly playing with my hair. "I mean, we did talk but we didn't seem to be out of the wood just yet."

"Why is it that you guys have to complicate this situation so much? It can't be that hard to get it right. I mean you clearly still have feelings for Neymar and if you were paying attention, you'd realize that you haven't exactly left his mind either - let alone his heart."

"Even if we did still want to be together, it's not that simple." I looked at the younger version of myself sitting in front of me, taking the 'big sister' role tonight.

"I know, trust me I do. But Alma you and Neymar are grown. If you guys remain focused on each other and are actually in this together, it will legit be a piece of cake. There's no better feeling than fighting against all odds with the love of your life." She beamed at me, flashing me her beautiful smile, which was without a doubt like our mother's.

Sure, Samantha and I lived to annoy one another and we disagree on most things. But when it comes to actually being there and looking out for each other, that's exactly what we do. That's what she was doing right now, and I couldn't thank her enough for it.

"You know Sam, you sure are a lot of things," I start as I swing my arm over her shoulders. "But being a horrible sister isn't one of them"

"I just wanna see you happy, that's all." She smiles, hugging me back.

-

I woke up to my phone furiously vibrating on my bedside. I'm not a morning person in general, so imagine how even more irritating it is being rudely woken up.

"Hello?" I answer almost immediately, desperately wanting to stop the annoying sound.

"Alma?"

"What? Get to the point. What?" I snap.

I hear the person on the other end chuckle. "You were still asleep weren't you?"

"Yes and you disturbed me, rudely I might add. Why do people think it's okay to call me so early in the morning?" I whined, not really bothered that someone was still on the line.

"Alma it's 12pm, midday. Literally everyone is up."

"Obviously not everyone cause I just told-"

"Whatever." They cut me off.

The audacity.

"Listen, I was thinking that maybe you, Davi and I could go out today. Maybe for ice cream or something - anything he'd want."

It was then that I realized who I was talking to. I was evidently still asleep if it took me this long to recognise his voice.

"Uh, Neymar I don't thi-"

"He really wanted to see you Alma and you know how he gets."

His voice was pleading and I just couldn't say no to him, or to Davi. I was a sucker for Neymar and his son, that I admit.