45. We Couldn't.

Alma's POV

I smiled as I sat next to Valentina, watching the guys in training. It was one of those serious and intense sessions so Val and I had to be excluded - not that we really minded. I think watching them was way better than training alongside them.

There was yet another Premier League match coming up since Liverpool had a fixture vs Huddersfield on Friday, which was only 3 days away.

Even though I had full confidence that they were gonna win that game - considering that it's Huddersfield they're up against - Klopp had to make sure that they were in their best form. Slipping up now with only 3 games left to play would mean City were bound to win the League again. And that's something they were desperately trying to prevent.

"You know," Val starts. "We should go out some time."

"But we go out literally all the time." I said.

"No I know. I mean like, you and Trent with Virgil and I." She clarified and I turned to look at her, immediately turning down the idea.

"No way. You know Trent and I can't be seen together."

"You're over thinking it." She pointed out. "I mean, people already know that you and Trent are close but they just don't know how close. All the Instagram posts, comments and all of that. I'm sure they just think he's someone you're close with here at the club. And last time I checked, different genders can be best friends." She shrugged.

Now that she has mentioned it, it kind of did make sense. They probably do think we're just really close friends, that's all.

"Okay, I guess you have a point. But it would have to be after their game on Friday."

"Yeah, of course. Dad would kill them if he found out they were out instead of resting." She muttered.

We just stayed in silence for a little while before I felt a hand on my thigh and I turned to see Valentina staring back at me with a look I couldn't quite read.

"What?" I asked.

"About what I said a few days ago. You know, about you not wanting to choose between Trent and Neymar. I shouldn't have said that and I'm fully aware of the fact that I overstepped and maybe crossed the line a bit." She said, with nothing but guilt written all over her face.

"Hey." I started, bumping her softly with my shoulder. "Don't worry about it. You were just voicing your opinion and there's nothing wrong with that."

I bit my lip before turning to look at Trent who was doing some sit ups alongside his team mates. He brings out the best in me, I can't possibly ever let that go.

~

After a while of training, Trent jogged inside the building and I followed him shortly after, making sure not to make it too obvious.

I smiled as I stood in the changing room door way, watching him as he looked for something in his bag.

He smirked as soon as he looked up and his eyes landed on me. "What are you doing here?" He asked as he made his way over to where I was standing.

"Oh I was just walking past and I thought I should say hi to this guy that's oddly alone in the changing room." I shrugged.

"Oh so today I'm not your boyfriend, and I'm just 'this guy'?" He questioned as he pulled me in by my waist, closing the door behind us.

"What are you up to Arnold?" I chuckled as he bit his lip seductively.

I knew that look all too well.