57. How Does It Feel?

Alma's POV.

"You're acting like I'm leaving for good." I giggled. "I'll be back soon enough."

I was currently in my room, getting ready to head to the airport. With the season being over, it was time for a break and time for me to head back home for a while. And well, Trent was kind of sulking about that.

"Yeah I know but that's like weeks away. That's too long." He spoke up, throwing somewhat of a pout in there. That only just made me laugh again.

"Are you really complaining about a few weeks when we've been apart for literally 5 years before?" I asked mindlessly.

"My point exactly. I was away from you for that long, which is why I hate the thought of us being apart now." He tried to reason.

"Hey," I turned to look at my boyfriend who was laying on my bed. "If you're worried about history repeating itself, then I can confidently assure you that it won't. It's really just a matter of weeks. You're over thinking and you need to stop it." I said before turning to the mirror again.

I heard him huff in the background and I smiled to myself knowing that he knew I was right. He was simply being dramatic, that's all.

"And besides," I continued. "You'll be on national duty so you won't exactly have time to miss me."

"I don't know if you noticed but John plays for England too, meaning I'd be constantly reminded of you since I'll be seeing him literally everyday." He pointed out before rolling his eyes.

I simply shrugged. "And that's a bad thing because? At least you'll be reminded everyday that you got a girl incase you think of slipping up while I'm not there."

"When have I ever slipped up?" He asked jokingly. And honestly, as lightly as he said it - it was still such a valid question. He has never slipped up.

Like, ever.

And for me, the person who has slipped up quite a number of times - that just made me feel kind of shitty. Even though I've never slipped up while being with him.

"Okay I'm done, we can go now." I said softly.

He nodded as he got off my bed and went to grab my suitcase for me. I didn't pack that much of clothing because I left quite a lot of them back home when I was coming here and also, I'm leaving for just a little while so I didn't see the need to pack the whole closet.

The drive to the airport really wasn't that long, we were there in just about 30 minutes even though Trent tried to make it a little longer by driving two times slower.

"Okay, call me when you get there. Alright?" He said, cupping my face.

I slightly smiled. "I'll do just that."

He leaned in, giving me a gentle kiss before pulling me in for a hug. I could really just stay like this for the next 100 years, I honestly wouldn't mind.

"I love you." He whispered in my ear causing me to smile to myself. Will I ever get tired of hearing that? I really wasn't sure if it's the words that get me or the way he says them.

"And I love you." I replied just as we pulled away. "See you soon." I gave him one last peck before turning to walk away from where he was standing.

As much as the thought of being away for that long sucked, I really couldn't deny the fact that I missed Barcelona and everything that came along with it.

~

"Thanks for picking me up." I spoke up as Samantha parked her car in our driveway.

"Don't mention it." She shot me a smile before grabbing my suitcase from the back of the car.