27. Just A Car Ride.

Alma's POV

"Go home and get some rest. We won't need you tomorrow but the day after that, it'll be back to business." Klopp said when we finally reached our destination.

Everyone went to their respective cars while I obviously dialled for an Uber. It's been a month since I've been here but buying a car had never crossed my mind, until now.

"Let's go, I'll drop you off." I turn around to see Trent with his bag in his hand.

"Oh no, that's alright. I'm sure the Uber will be here in like 15 minutes." I shrugged.

"15 minutes is a pretty long time for a woman like you, waiting alone in a city where she barely knows anyone or any places. Plus, it's getting dark." He pointed out.

"I don't see your point."

"You don't see it or you just choose not to see it?"

I just rolled my eyes. "See, if you didn't walk up to me I would've dialled for the uber long ago and it'd probably be on its way right now."

"It's a car ride Alma. Just a car ride. Come on." He said, turning around and walking towards his car.

I silently groan because I really didn't wanna ride with him but at the same time, I don't wanna be left alone here with everyone gone.

Finally deciding on riding with him, I slowly follow him to his car.

"Was that so hard?" He questioned when we both got inside his lavish car.

Yes actually, yes it was.

I put in my address on his GPS device in his car just so I won't have to direct him using my mouth.

After a half an hour, he pulled up in my driveway and I removed the seat belt before getting out.

"Thanks for the ride." I smiled.

He just nodded, "It's no problem. I guess I'll see you in training soon."

"Yeah." I pushed the door, but just as it was about to close, I pull it open again.

"Did you forget something?" He looked up at me.

"No, I...Do you wanna come in?" I asked hesitantly. "For like coffee or something." I continued when I saw the look on his face.

"I probably should just go."

"It's coffee Trent. Just coffee. Come on." I said, mimicking his exact words from earlier on.

He nodded before turning the engine off. I closed the door and led the way to my front door, swiftly unlocking it.

"You're officially my first visitor ever since I moved here, cause Valentina doesn't count." I spoke as we made our way to the kitchen.

"Well I'm honoured." He gave me that stupid grin of his.

"I haven't exactly done any grocery shopping so I hardly have anything to eat here since I've been eating out." I said as I placed two cups on the counter top.

"Tell you what?" I turned to look at him. "How about we go get you a few things." He proposed as he jumped and sat on the counter.

"Right now?"

"Yeah, it's late and not many people are gonna be around. Plus I don't really have anything to do." He shrugged.

"Okay well let me go get my wallet." I said before jogging upstairs.

After locating my purse, I quickly make my way to the bathroom to wash my face. It's been a long day and I wanted to make sure I still looked okay, since it's evidently not over yet.