23. Unless That Has Changed.

Alma's POV

I was on my way to meet up with the Liverpool staff, and as if I wasn't anxious enough, Neymar decided that he'll accompany me just so I could feel relaxed. And his presence here made me feel the exact opposite.

It's been 2 weeks since I found out that I was being transferred but when I think about it now, it still leaves me worried. I managed to calm myself down though, I mean maybe I'm overthinking things. Just a little bit.

Our driver pulled over in some parking lot of some office and we jumped off the car. We were greeted by my manager at the door, then we proceeded to walk in together.

We got in the elevator, and even though I was standing in the middle of them - I could hardly hear what Neymar and my manager were talking about. My mind wasn't exactly here.

"Second door on the left." I looked up to see an unfamiliar man all suited up with sunglasses on. His face looked the least friendly.

My manager thanked him for the directions even though I'm pretty sure we would've found the door on our own.

When we walked inside, we were greeted by a bunch of men but they were all in Liverpool kits, unlike the one we met just outside. Their politeness astonished me and I soon concluded that maybe it was because Neymar was here - there was no way they were this polite on a regular. I forgot I had the golden boy by my side.

They all introduced themselves, and I'd be lying if I said I was listening. Well actually, I was. It's just that there were many of them and their names weren't really that memorable. If they were to ask me to repeat their names right now, I'd be in total shame.

"I'm Alma, Alma Stones. I'm assuming you've already met my manager, and that's Neymar over there." I motioned towards the men I walked in with.

They all gave me that 'we know who that is' look when I pointed to Neymar and I felt like rolling my eyes. You can at least pretend you don't know the dude, but no! Everyone was practically drooling over him.

Another man walked in at that moment and we turned to look at the door. He greeted everyone politely and then made his way over to where my manager and I were sitting.

"You must be Ms. Stones, yes?"

I nodded politely before shaking his awaiting hand. "Yes, that's me."

"Jürgen Klopp, manager of the club." He introduced.

"It's a pleasure." I smiled back when he flashed me his very interesting smile.

"We heard you were in Barcelona, working for them, and that you've been really good and consistent with your job. You know, considering the fact that you were, excuse me, you are involved with one of their players." He said casually. I try my best to control my facial expression, but honestly what was he getting at?

What did that have to do with anything?

I stay quiet, waiting for him to continue.

"We had to let one of our physiotherapists go last month due to some slight complications."

Slight complications, huh?

"We made a couple of calls and when we eventually got in contact with your manager over there, he told us you were available for a transfer and we couldn't let you go. With the good reputation you have, we knew we wanted you as part of our staff."

Whew. Great to know my name hasn't been tarnished with everything that's happened.

"Well I'm glad I got the opportunity to come and work for another team which is just as great." I said.