43. So, Is That Him?

Alma's POV

I walked to my sister's room, knocking on the door slightly before I slowly opened it.

"Sam?" I called softly. The lights were turned off. "Are you asleep?"

"No, did you need anything?" She asked quietly, still laying on her bed, facing the other direction so her back was turned on me.

"Just wanted to tell you that the guys just arrived and they're downstairs, if you want to talk to them. And it's alright if you don't, you really don't have to." I told her.

"The guys?" She asked, finally turning over to face me.

"My friends from Liverpool. I called Trent to tell him about what happened yesterday and he, along with the others, insisted to fly here for the funeral tomorrow." I informed.

"They did?" She broke into a small smile and I nodded.

Just like her, I appreciated their support. You know, to actually go through all the trouble of flying to Barcelona just to be here with us. It was great knowing they cared that much.

She got up and followed me downstairs since she said she wanted to greet them.

It was quiet when we walked into the living room and they turned to look at us.

"As much as it sucks having to meet in such circumstances, guys this is my younger sister Samantha." I spoke up. And even though they have talked on facetime that one time before, it was their first official meeting - face to face.

They all offered her warm smiles, that of which she gladly reciprocated. They instantly engaged in a conversation as Sam went to take a seat next to Henderson who comfortably threw his arm around her shoulder. You could swear they'd known each other for years.

Trent and I soon after excluded ourselves from the group as we went to the balcony upstairs. With the weather a little gloomy, you could hardly see the stars out.

"I'm so glad you're here." I spoke up, breaking the comfortable silence.

"You can have me to count on. Always." He walked over to me, hugging me from behind. "I mean, I knew your dad quite well too. He was like my second father so I had to come and pay my last respects to him."

That was true. With Trent and I being ridiculously inseparable when were younger, his home was like my second home just like how mine was his.

He snuggled into my neck, kissing it affectionately and we just stayed like that for the longest time. I didn't want to go to bed because then I'd wake up tomorrow when I don't want it to be tomorrow, because I don't want to have to bury my father. It's the worst thing I could possibly ever be required to do.

~

The drive to my parents' place was the worst. Sam was sitting in the passenger seat and I could literally see her trembling. It was such a painful thing to watch when I felt so helpless.

Our friends agreed that they were gonna follow us in a different car, claiming they did not want to trouble Sam and I.

There were already a few cars on the driveway when we eventually arrived.

I climbed out the car then made my way to Samantha's door, opening it just wide enough for her to get out.

"Hey now," I started, placing both my hands on her cheeks. "It's gonna be fine, okay? Everything will be okay."

I grabbed her hand, holding it as tightly as I can as we walked up to the door. I couldn't numb her pain but the least I could do was let her know she wouldn't deal with it alone.