18. It's Kinda Hard Not To.

Alma's POV

I groan when I feel the sun rays on my face. Even though my eyes were closed, I could still see them. I yawn before shoving the covers grumpily off me. I was still really drained.

I make my way to my bathroom to freshen up, taking my sweet time, before getting dressed and dragging myself downstairs. Sam was already there, humming happily in the kitchen like some housewife with a great sex life. I couldn't help but scoff.

"Pique got you acting like this?" I asked before taking a seat on one of the chairs.

"Good morning my darling sister." She shot me a genuine smile.

"When did this happen?" I question, concern and curiosity both visible on my face.

But I think the most important question here is, why did this happen? I mean I love Pique and just like my sister, he's a pretty extravagant human being. But the two of them together? I don't know how to feel about that.

"There's a lot you don't know Sis'." She shrugged.

"Which is exactly why you should enlighten me here." I point out.

She sighed before fully turning to face me. "Okay I know this is a surprise," she starts.

"A pretty unpleasant one too." I remark, making a face. She furrows her eyebrows at me but continues with what she was saying.

"Pique and I really like each other. That's really all there is to it." She says softly.

"Pique and you? There's no you and Pique!" I exclaim.

"Alma what's your problem?" She questions.

"This whole thing is my problem!"

"But why?"

"Because he's Gérard Pique for God's sake!"

"So?"

"So why the hell is he with you?!" I exclaim, throwing my hands in the air.

I could see her hopeful smile turn to a frown and I realized what I must've sounded like.

"Oh so I'm not worthy of him just because he's the Gérard Pique? You think I'm not good enough for him? So you're the only one who qualifies to date famous football stars? Look I know I'm not as pretty as you, or maybe even as successful but I thought you'd have my back and be happy for me as my sister. I guess not." She spoke before turning around to exit the kitchen.

I sighed, burying my face in my hands. What is going on with me?

I feel my phone vibrate furiously on the countertop next to me and I stand to go get it. It was a text from Leroy asking me where I went last night.

Obviously home.

I locked my phone, telling myself I'd text him back later. I didn't have the strength to type.

Or to do anything, for that matter.

I walked upstairs, walking past Samantha's room in the process and I contemplated if I should go talk to her or not. But I decided against it.

I got into my room and closed the door behind me before throwing myself lazily on my bed. I pulled out my laptop, deciding to binge for the rest of the day since I have nothing to do and my sister and I are not on good terms at the moment.

A little over 3 or 4 movies later, I hear a light knock on my door and I lazily get up to open it.

I was surprised for a couple of seconds but then snapped out of it and I jumped into the arms of the tall figure in front of me.