14. Explain What?

Alma's POV

Liked by samiestones, kylewalker2 and 14,729 others

its_almastones Home sick.☹️💔

View all 804 comments.

~

A month came and went as fast as the speed of light and the FCB were still going strong, it's just that the stakes were much higher now. Every game they play is twice as intense as the previous one and coach didn't think twice about going hard on them. He really does try to push them to their best abilities.

Being on the road and travelling almost every 2 weeks might sound so great until you actually do it. As much as I enjoy spending time with the guys, I just miss my own house. I miss home.

"You okay?" I was cut off my thoughts by Lionel who gently put his hand on my shoulder and looked at me, concerned.

I gave him a small smile, "Yeah. Just feeling a little homesick, that's all." I said, trying to make it sound like it wasn't that big of a deal.

He gave me a sympathetic smile but before he could say anything, my phone rang.

My sister.

I stood up and walked out the room to answer the call as privately as I could.

"Hello?"

"Alma, hey." She greets. I smile at the sound of her voice. It's been so long since I've heard, let alone seen her.

"What happened?" I question, suddenly feeling worried. Why would she call out of the blue

"No, nothing happened. Relax, I was just checking in on you. I saw on TV that you're travelling with Barcelona." She states.

"Oh. Yeah, yeah I'm with the team." I casually respond.

"And you didn't bother to tell me?" She asks but she wasn't upset. Before I could answer, she continued. "And Neymar?"

I sigh, "What about Neymar?" I ask, I didn't wanna talk about him.

I could feel her rolling her eyes through the phone. "Is that a real question Al?" I run my hand through my hair and take a deep breath.

"We haven't spoken in like 3 weeks Sam, and even when we do it's always those uncomfortable small talks. It sucks! I'm just so tired of lying to him sis. He really does think that I'm carrying Antoine's baby, I just wish I could tell him it's his." I choke out.

"Then why don't you Alma? I know he'd be delighted."

I scoff, "Are you talking about the Neymar that got with another woman and jumped into bed with her literally 3 months after we broke up? You're talking about that Neymar?"