53. Not My Problem.

Alma's POV.

I walked up to the training ground, squinting a bit since the morning sun was a bit too much for my eyes. It's been two days since what happened, happened and I still found myself joining the guys for training either way. I guess I was gonna keep doing so, until they tell me otherwise.

It was awkward though, I won't lie. It's like people just didn't know how to act around me anymore and I wasn't sure if the same was happening for the others or it was just me. It's not that they had a problem with me, they just found it hard to approach and talk to me in a way.

I hadn't seen or talked to Valentina since and it was starting to bother me because I wasn't sure if everything was okay or not. And Mr Klopp, I can't really put the blame on him for the way he's been treating me and his two players. He was rightfully disappointed and pissed.

I think it is safe to say that it's been a shitty week for probably everyone.

After hours of not doing much, since I didn't want to step on Klopp's toes by joining the guys in training, the session finally came to an end.

With everyone rushing off to the showers, I walked over to the men that were always the last ones to walk off.

"Hey Alma." Henderson greeted with a small smile. I automatically smiled back, going in for a hug.

With everything that's been going on, Jordan was probably the one person I could talk to - apart from my sister. I knew I could talk to Virgil as well but with us practically being on the same boat, I didn't wanna trouble him any more than he already was.

"I'll meet you inside." Trent told his teammates, who nodded before turning to leave, granting Trent and I some time alone.

After they left, and it was only Trent and I outside, I turned around to look at him.

"Hey." I said quietly. I really missed him.

"Hey."

"Been somewhat of a shitty couple of days, you're not even answering my calls." I stated.

"Been busy." He shrugged.

"So that's how things are gonna be from now onwards? With you distancing yourself like this?"

"It's not that I'm distancing myself. Like I said, I'm busy." He insisted before walking past me, heading inside.

I turned around, grabbing his arm. "Trent please don't do this. I really need you right now."

He stopped walking and for a brief second I actually thought he was gonna turn around and we'd talk. But he didn't. Instead, he removed my hand from him and walked away, leaving me standing there.

I sighed, running my fingers through my hair, blinking some tears away. Anyone who knows me knows how much I hate crying, it just made me feel weak. But this whole thing with Trent was just starting to really hurt. He really didn't understand how much I needed him right now.

I left the premises, getting to my car and instantly driving off. It was no use staying there when the one person I wanted to talk to clearly didn't want shit to do with me.

The drive to my place was probably the longest, with afternoon traffic not doing it any justice. I was tired and just needed to sleep everything off.

After the longest time, I finally pulled up in the familiar driveway and turned the car off. I could just feel the warmth and comfort of my bed already. I practically jogged to the front door, and as I held onto the door knob, still fishing for my keys in my bag - the door cracked open.