Epilogue.

Alma's POV

A Month Earlier.

"Ugh! Now my hair is all wet." I huffed in annoyance.

We had just walked from the parking lot to some restaurant that Neymar decided to rent out for the night.

We weren't alone though.

We were supposed to be but I told him I wouldn't be comfortable so our mutual friends, Leo and his wife Antonela, along with my sister all joined us.

"It's just rain, you aren't gonna melt." Neymar pointed out sarcastically.

"Excuse me but I just did my hair." I said, before rolling my eyes.

For the first time in a long while, Neymar and I were actually clear about where we stood with each other and it was honestly refreshing.

We went inside to get settled in with our friends telling us that they didn't feel like sitting with us, so they went on over to sit at a different table. Call it overthinking but I just had this feeling like they knew something I didn't.

"You know, you didn't have to go all out and rent the entire venue." I said before browsing through the menu. "Like, I know it probably didn't leave a dent on your bank account but it still wasn't exactly necessary."

"Maybe." He shrugged. "But I just wanted it to be us for just one night, without having any strangers around."

I simply nodded. I got where he was coming from. I mean, even though people tried to act normal when they were in the same venue as Neymar - they still stared, which gets really annoying. And I guess he just didn't wanna have to deal with that tonight.

We stayed like that for a while, silence lingering in the air. Yeah, Neymar and I had moments where we just sat without talking - and I appreciated them - but today it was just somewhat different.

"You're awfully quiet." I pointed out. "You're never this quiet, what's wrong?"

"It's nothing." He brushed me off.

"Neymar I know you. At least I know you well enough. Something's up."

"I just, I don't want tonight to go so bad." He said quietly.

Now I definitely knew that something was up. I mean, Neymar couldn't have been this nervous just cause he was with me. We've hung out quite a number of times since I've been here so that couldn't be it.

I just hummed in response. "Okay then. If you say so."

Before either of us could say anything, one of the waitresses came on over to take our orders while another attended our friends' table.

It didn't take long before our food came and we ate right after.

"The food was lovely, don't you think?" I commented, waiting for Neymar's response but I didn't get much of it.

I sighed again, for probably the 50th time this evening. "Okay spill it."

"Spill what?"

"Ney come on!" I threw my head back. "I can clearly tell that something's going on. I'm not that oblivious."

He took in a sharp breath before his eyes met mine again. "I've been dreading this moment since the night began but I guess it's time."

"Time for what?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

He swiftly stood up from his chair. "I'll be back in a minute." He said before disappearing to the back of the restaurant.

I stood up as well, heading to my friends. Samantha and Anto had these confused expressions and I guessed that maybe they saw Neymar walk to the back as well.