4. I Don't Get It, I Don't Get You!

Alma's POV

I slightly brush down my tight up red dress which went up to just the top of my knees. I looked at the mirror one last time before I heard a knock downstairs.
I walked out my bedroom, then down the stairs straight to the front door.

"Hey. You look beautiful." He greets with a smile.

"You don't look too bad yourself Antoine." I compliment him back with a slight smile on my face.

"Shall we?" He asks, motioning us out the door. I nod and walk out, locking the door behind me then we made our way over to his car which was parked in my driveway.

Antoine had asked me to dinner a couple of nights back but I kept on postponing because I'd always come back exhausted from work. But after turning him down so many times, I decided to give in since he would be leaving soon.

It's just dinner anyway.

"So where are we headed?" I asked, breaking the comfortable silence.

A slick smile crept onto his face as he focused his eyes on the road, which made him earn a suspicious look from me.

"It's a surprise." He finally replies, not giving me any more details.

"I hate surprises." I state blatantly, groaning in the process.

"Too bad." He chuckled.

Besides being Antoine's professional doctor, we've become rather good friends. We talk on the phone more often and we get along quite well, he's a pretty chilled guy. A very down to earth man. I found myself getting comfortable with him without any effort.

After a while of driving in the dark streets, the car finally came to a stop and I looked up to see a place with fancy foreign language writing outside the building which I guessed was a restaurant. We got out and he led us to the entrance and I was pretty impressed when we walked inside the building. It was fancy but at the same time it wasn't uptight, it was the just right fancy.

Immediately the waiter came our way and led us to a table for two, which we got settled in. The menus were then given to us shortly after.

"What are you getting?" He causally asked me after a while of looking at the menu.

"Mmh, I'm not really sure. I've never been here so I don't even know what's what." I chuckled as my eyes scanned the little board on my hands for any familiar food I've heard of.

"I can just explain to you what's what." He offered, imitating me in the process.

"No actually, you know what? Surprise me." I say looking back at him.

-

"Antoine what the hell is this?!" I exclaimed, a giggle escaping my lips after I saw the plate the waiter had put in front of me a couple of seconds ago.

He just burst out laughing at my reaction and prepared to dig into his own plate.

"It's not as bad as it looks." He protested, still laughing at my hesitancy.

I bit my lip before lifting my fork up and started playing with the food, still uncertain.

"This thing looks nasty and funny as fuck. The bad kind of funny." I mumbled but loud enough for him to hear.

"Nasty is good sometimes." He smirks.

"That doesn't even make sense." I chuckled.

"Doesn't it?" He questions, eyeing me intensely.

I looked up from my plate to him and when I realized what he was actually referring to, a cheeky smile spread across his face.

"Oh my God Antoine, you're such a guy! Always turning everything into a dirty conversation. We were simply talking about food, should've left it at that!" I exclaimed at his foolishness. He laughed and shot me an innocent smile before we finally dug in our food.