31. Mr. Klopp.

Alma's POV.

I woke up to the comfort of my bed, yawning a bit before snuggling deeper into the covers. The weather here is literally so unpredictable. Like it can be warm today and tomorrow it just does the total opposite.

I got home really late yesterday since we all sort of lost track of time.

I decided to stay in today since I was in no mood to get out of the house. If coach has a problem with that then I'll just have to deal with it when I see him.

I hear my phone vibrate on my bedside table and I stretch my arm to get it. It was a call from Samantha.

"What could you be possibly needing so early in the morning?" I rolled my eyes.

"Alma it's 12pm here which means where you are, it's 11am. Which is not early at all." She said.

"Can you just get to it?" I sighed, sitting up on my bed.

"Aren't you supposed to be at training or something? Or y'all operate differently around there." She questioned.

When she starts asking random questions then I know that she really doesn't know why she called me.

"It's my day off."

"Is it your day off or you're giving yourself a day off?"

I groaned. "Samantha what is it?!"

She just chuckled, "Okay fine. I just miss you. That's all."

I broke into a smile. I've been missing her too. I mean, there's so much I need to talk to her about.

"I just knew it. How are things there anyway? I mean, I'm always talking about me when you call and I never really ask about you. How are things between you and Pique?"

"It's alright, I guess. We're all obviously missing you, you know. And Pique and I are alright. More than alright actually. We were thinking of taking our relationship to the next level." She giggled.

My eyes widened. "Woah woah woah. What do you mean you're taking things to the next level? What is the next level?"

I know it couldn't be what I was thinking.

"You know," she trailed off. "He's thinking of getting on his knee, and possibly changing my title."

"What?!" I exclaimed. "Samantha don't play like that!"

"I know! We didn't wanna tell anyone until we were really certain that we wanna do this but I obviously had to tell you."

"Oh my word!" I squealed. "I'm so damn happy for you!"

"I legit feel like crying, it's surreal." She chuckled, but I could tell it was a nervous laugh.

That's when realization hit. This was my baby sister.

"But Sam, you're only 21. Like, you're legit still a baby. You still have so much to do with your life, so many things to achieve. You still need to graduate from College and everything." I said softly.

I didn't wanna be the one to put a dent on her happiness but with it being just the two of us, it was my responsibility to look out for her.

"Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for you. I really am. I just want you to work on you first. Pique is living his dream and I want you to live yours too before anything. So that if it doesn't work out - I'm not saying it won't - but if it doesn't, you'll still have your life and everything you worked for not just what he handed to you." I explained.

I heard her sigh on the other end. "No, you're right. I've thought about that too but just decided to push it to the back of my mind because I just wanted this to be a perfect scenario so bad. But you're right. There's still more to life and I shouldn't rush anything."