39. Way.

Alma's POV

I had just finished talking to Klopp maybe about an hour ago and he reluctantly agreed to let me fly to Barcelona - but only because my sister was graduating and he figured it was an important family moment. To which he wasn't wrong.

Not having seen any of my friends today since I didn't go to training so I could get my things ready, I got a text from Valentina saying they were at the beach - one with probably no people at all - the one Val and I went to way back and she asked if I would like to join them.

I was gonna decline, cooking up some lame excuse but I decided against it considering that I'll be leaving tomorrow.

I got into my car, driving to the location where I swiftly parked it and climbed off - walking the rest of the distance.

I spotted them on one of the benches situated on the sand but a bit further from the sea and they were all laughing at something one of them probably said.

"I didn't think you'd come." Valentina said as soon as I approached them.

I just shrug, a small smile on my lips. "Well, here I am."

She smiled back and I proceeded to greet the rest of them. It was a little awkward since they all basically knew that Trent and I weren't exactly on speaking terms and it just kind of made the whole situation weird.

"Can we talk?" I turned to Trent who looked a little taken aback but nodded anyway. He stood up from the bench, following me as we walked a bit further from our friends to attain some privacy.

We stood in front of the sea, water gently washing over our feet and he turned to look at me, shoving his hands in his jean pockets.

"I'm leaving for Barcelona tomorrow," I started and his eyebrows rose with this obviously being news to him.

"Oh?"

"Yeah, Sam is graduating in 2 days so I have to be there." I clarified.

He slowly nodded, his gaze moving from me and to the sun that was setting in front of us. "Oh, well that's nice."

"Yeah." I said, turning to look at my feet.

"I just didn't wanna leave with us not being okay." I continued after a short while of silence. "I mean, it was a stupid argument over the stupidest thing. And even though I was upset with how you reacted, I get where you were coming from and I get why you were the way you were. I'm sorry." I said quietly and patiently waited for a response - if I was getting one.

"Come here." He said softly, and I stepped closer to him - the distance between us shortening.

He wrapped his arm around my waist before smiling down at me. "I'm sorry too. I mean, I was kind of irrational."

I nodded in agreement causing him to roll his eyes. "That, you were."

He grabbed my chin, gently pulling on my face so I could look up at him. He leaned in placing a soft kiss on my lips. "No more jealousy fits. I promise."

I chuckled because he better mean that. Yeah sure, jealous Trent is hot as fuck but he's also bratty as hell too so I wasn't exactly fond of him.

He didn't exactly look excited about me leaving for Barcelona, even if it's just for a couple days because well... You know. But I didn't expect him to be either because neither am I. If it were up to me, I wouldn't go back to Barcelona ever again. My happiness is here now.

We just talked and messed around the whole afternoon, kissing on each other shamelessly since we knew that only our friends were there. Honestly being with these people, being with Trent, always left me feeling like I'm floating. And I never want this feeling to ever fade.