54. That's Funny.

Alma's POV

"So when are you leaving?" I asked my sister as we sat down for breakfast. "You know, to John's place."

"If I didn't know better, I'd say you're trying to get rid of me." She responded, eating a spoonful of her cereal.

"No, I'm just asking because the game is tomorrow and everything. And it's not like they'll be playing at the Etihad, they'll be going away which means you'd have to be there sooner if you wanna ride with them." I shrugged.

"And I know all of that. I'm leaving in a few hours so don't worry, you'll have your house to yourself again soon."

I really wasn't trying to get rid of her, I mean how could I possibly do that when she's the one person that's been literally the one I could lean on? I just didn't think it was a good idea for her to spend too much time around here, that's all.

As I was about to leave the kitchen, my phone rings and Sam passes it to me.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Alma, it's Jurgen." The person said.

"Oh, hi coach." I'm not even gonna lie and say I wasn't surprised to receive a call from him because I definitely was.

"You know we have a game tomorrow right?"

I nodded but then remembered he couldn't see me so I responded with a quiet "Yes."

"I called to tell you to not check in, in the morning." He continued.

"What do you mean I mustn't check-in? Every stuff member's supposed to do that ain't it?" I asked in confusion.

"Right except for you. I got a call from the rest of the team management and they said you don't need to come to the game tomorrow. They don't want you to."

I frowned, taking in his every word. "Wait, is this me getting fired? You're actually doing this now? Just before the last game of the season? Really?!"

"There was nothing I could-"

"To hell with that, you could've done something if you really wanted to!" I semi yelled but then told myself to calm down. I might be upset but I still respected Klopp.

"You know, this isn't fair y'know. But it's alright coach I got the message. Thank you." I said before hanging up.

I turned to find Samantha looking at me with concern in her eyes but I just shook my head. I really didn't wanna talk about it.

After I jogged upstairs after the phone call, I just spent almost the whole day in my room. Samantha had come by a couple of hours ago to tell me that she was leaving for Manchester. Now that I thought of it, it kinda sucked that I didn't get to spend that much time with her because I don't even know when I'll see her again.

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door. Not even the door downstairs, but my bedroom door.

I got off the bed before slowly making my way to it. Opening it slightly, I peeped through the small gap and my eyes landed on the last person I needed to see right now.

Letting the door open a bit wider, I turned to walk back to my bed but just stood next to it this time.

"Hey." He said softly after closing the door behind him.

"Just get to the point, why are you here?" I asked, folding my arms.

He walked over to where I was standing, putting a hand on my waist but I instantly removed it.

"Trent why are you here?" I asked again, my voice much firmer.

"I need you." His voice wasn't much more than a whisper. His sad eyes weren't really hard to miss either.

"That's funny." I started, chuckling coldly. "It's funny because when you need me I'm supposed to be there for you, right? But what about when I'm the one who needs you? Do you remember what you did when I literally begged for you?"

"Alma-"

"No. One day you're telling me you love me out of nowhere and then the next you're being cold and distant. Trent I don't get you." I cut him off.

"Look, I'm sorry. And I know that isn't exactly gonna fix anything but I just want you to know I am. This whole thing is just...stressful and I know it was selfish of me to think I was the only one affected by it. Alma I'm not an expert in relationships. You - more than anyone - know how flawed I am. I don't know how to handle every fight we're going to have, every problem and all the obstacles we'll encounter. But as grown as we are, we're still both young, and we still have a lot more to learn. About everything. And I'm willing to learn everything there is to know just so I can keep us together because honestly, that's all I really want." He said.

As hard as I tried to resist it, and trust me I did, I ran into his arms as he wrapped them protectively around me. I didn't wanna give in so quickly but after all that he said, try telling me that you wouldn't.

I suddenly didn't feel so lost and out of place as I did before and that's one of the many things I adored about him - his presence made me forget all my troubles.

We were layed up on my bed as he rested his head on my chest and layed in silence. We just stayed like that without a single word leaving either of us' lips. And I just held him tighter. With me, he wasn't the Trent that everyone knew, the one that had to be tough and put up a front all the time just so he wouldn't be called a baby. With me, he could be vulnerable y'know? Let his guard down. He didn't need to pretend he was alright when he wasn't.

As much as he aggravated me and made me want to run him over with my car at times, that was still my baby and I would go to the ends of the earth for him.

~