7. Why'd You Lie To Her?

Alma's POV

I exit through the hospital doors, making my way to my car in my reserved parking lot. Even though I enjoy being a doctor, a young one at that, it sure leaves me super tired almost all the time. I reverse out the parking and drive home in the dark, empty streets of Barcelona.

I pull up in my driveway and make my way inside. I start making my way upstairs to my room, walking past the living room when I catch a glimpse of the small sized calendar on one of the small tables next to the couch. I inhale deeply when I realize what day tomorrow is.

The 5th of February.

His 26th birthday.

I take my eyes off the calendar and jog upstairs to take a bath, my mood slightly dropping.

Neymar and I haven't been in contact ever since that incident, which happened a little over 3 months ago. Not being in contact with Neymar meant not being in contact with the rest of the Barça squad, obviously.

To everyone, I was the bad guy. After several attempts of trying to apologize and make things right with Neymar, I eventually gave up because I thought maybe he didn't even wanna be with me no more and he used this opportunity as his ticket to bail out.

I guess it was easier to say he left because I did him wrong than to say he left because he didn't love me anymore. That's if he even did love me to begin with.

I walk out the bathroom in a robe and went to put lotion and my pyjamas on, getting ready for bed. Just another 23 year old spending her Friday night alone, in bed, with no interesting plans whatsoever.

Welcome to my life.

I pick my phone up to see that I had received a text from Emma like 10 minutes ago. Well that's a surprise.

Even though Emma and I still talk, it's always a once in a while kind of thing. I think it's fair to say that everything isn't what it was 3 months ago.

I open the text and it read:

Hey Alma. I'm just gonna cut to the chase. I know that you're probably aware of Neymar's birthday being tomorrow. We'll be throwing a surprise party for him at his house later tomorrow, incase you wanna come. I'm sure you still know the address. I hope you make it, looking forward to seeing you.

Emma xx

I only have two words as an answer.

Hell fucking no.

Make that three words.

There is no way in hell I'm attending that party. I'm not about to let myself be judged for a whole evening with people who hate even my name. Nope, not in this life time.

I put my phone in the charger, deciding not to answer Emma right away then made my way to my bed and got under the covers falling into deep slumber.
_

I wake up to the uncomfortable feeling of sun rays shining brightly, maybe a little too brightly, through the curtains. I groan and shift in my bed, trying to find a comfortable spot so I can fall asleep again. But I knew that was impossible unless I took sleeping pills. Once I'm awake, there's no way I can fall back asleep again even if it's at 3 in the morning.

I groan in frustration and got out of my bed, making my way downstairs. The clock read 11:47AM so I guess I'm not up too early after all. I fix myself something to eat before heading upstairs to freshen up.

I fix myself a decent outfit, ironed my hair up and applied just a little bit of make-up. After like 3 hours of getting myself ready, I was surprisingly impressed with the outcome.