Chapter 6

A few months passed by since she met the bun vendor. He gave her a map to the capital where King Yi ruled. The old man said it's the best place to go to start over.

Bai Fu already settled outside far from the village in the forest. It was quiet and secluded, just the way she liked it. It also gave the sprite some privacy to breathe a bit with her mask off.

She went out into the village, which she rarely does since it was far, and bought some buns eating one along the way. Bai Fu inhaled the warm air to smell... blood?

That way!

Bai Fu ran towards the smell to find bodies of freshly killed men. There was at least over one hundred bodies. The sight was gruesome! Then she saw him, the Fire immortal.

All in his glory, he was covered in blood and was pinned against a tree by one of the two men still standing. Before the immortal could make his next move, Bai Fu dropped her things and jumped towards them. She swung her left leg to the man holding the Fire immortal kicking him off.

Easily taking the man's falling sword, she sliced his chest and twirled around the falling body to stab the last man in the stomach before he could attack her.

Bai Fu let go of the sword out of breath and turned to the bloody young man against the tree. He looked at her in daze and started making advances to her but failed and fell to the ground. She fell on her knees.

"Excuse me!? Hang in there! Can you hear me?" Bai Fu gently patted his cheek to keep him cautious.

His eyes finally met into hers.

"Save me," he gasped before finally closing his eyes and losing cautious.

"Hey! You can't sleep now..." I couldn't heal him here. Who knows if these men have any back up.

A whoosh brushed past the sprite's ears. Bai Fu rapidly raised up her arms and created a barrier wielding a lotus. A thick ting could be heard from the sword hitting the barrier.

In front of the two was a masked man in a black cape. His sword was flung from his grip from the pulse of the barrier.

"Someone from the Heaven realm?" he questioned and then jumped up and vanished in a cloud of red and black mist.

"Heaven realm...?"

Bai Fu somehow manages to drag the injured man back into her small home. She heaved the uncautious man onto her bed and just stared at his sleeping figure taking a rest.

"He really is handsome," she sighed. "But if you're here as a mortal... you entered through the Wheel of Karma and Fortune and should not recognize me. Something must've happened in the Heaven realm."

Bai Fu started to undress him. Her hands worked fast to get the filthy and bloodied clothes off. After she finished, she brought out a bucket of water and a rag to wash his wounds.

"Keep your hands steady Bai Fu. You got this."

She got some herbs and placed it on his injuries after washing them. The sprite ripped some of her old clothing to be used as bandages. Bai Fu tied the last injury that was on his chest.

Now to use her healing powers. She removed her mask and placed her face nose to nose with the Fire immortal. She could hear her heart pound and feel his soft breaths on her face.

Tilting her head, Bai Fu parted her lips a little and hovered hers over his. Instantly, a small glowing orb appeared out of her mouth.

The aura of the orb slowly crept into his mouth healing all his internal injuries.

When she finished healing, the orb disappeared back into Bai Fu's body and she was out of breath. Healing anyone this way takes a lot of energy and power since it's very efficient. Plus the Fire immortal was now in a mortal's body, he had a lot of internal damage.

"You killed so many men. Are you a soldier in this life?" She glanced down at the bloodied clothing. It didn't seem like armor. "Maybe a noble man that abused his power for money? I've read that going through the wheel, in a blink of an eye, you'll come back as a new person. Must be true."

She got a clean damp rag and sat next to him in bed. Gently, the sprite wiped his face that were now covered in scrapes.

"Too handsome indeed, and with my own hands I've touched his highness's face and body," Bai Fu said proudly. She clapped her warm cheeks before continuing to pat his face. "It would be weird for you to wake up with no injuries, so I'll heal you little by little each day. I wish I knew more about medicines..."

Bai Fu finished tending the sleeping man and set up a chair for her to stay by his side in case something went wrong. To be honest, she hasn't healed anybody before so he was her first patient. Bai Fu was only taught how to heal. The prince was now indebted to her!

For tomorrow, she knew exactly what to give him to wake up.

It was the next day, and Bai Fu successfully brewed her own original concoction. She sat in the chair and placed the bowl on the small table beside the bed.

Taking a spoon full of the medicine, she delicately blew on it to cool down. Then she used her other hand to lift the Fire immortal's head up and fed the spoonful to him.

Automatically he reacted by coughing.

"Ah! You're finally awake! I knew my medicine will wake you up," Bai Fu happily said putting the spoon down.

It looked like he was going to say something but nothing came out of his throat. His hands flung to his neck and he looked at the sprite wide-eyed.

"Hm? You can't talk? Can you hear me?"

Abruptly he grabbed her arm and used his other hand to grasp tightly to her neck. Lifting himself up, he forced her onto the bed under him and pinned her from above.

Bai Fu quickly used her free hand to try and get his grip off. She tried to tell him that she was the one that saved him but only stammering noises came out of her lips.

He gave her a long look assuming Bai Fu was harmless before letting her go. She got off the bed fast and clutched her throat. Croakingly she said, "You! To your sav- AH!"

The man reached for his sword and pointed it to her neck.

Bai Fu was going to go crazy. She put her hands up in the air and shouted, "I'm your savior!"

Bai Fu tried to move out of the way but the sword only followed.

Why did she even pick up this sword?