Chapter 31

Bai Fu looked frantically between Jin Mi and the emperor waiting to see what he will say. She clenched her tiny fists in anticipation. 

"Jin Mi, are you firm on... not becoming the Floral Immortal?" There was silence from her. He sighed and said, "Fine. You are still very young, it's not too late to become Floral Immortal... after you get married and settled down. Speaking of which, I allow for the White Healing Lotus to represent the Floral realm as we set the date for Run Yu and Jin Mi's wedding."

Xu Feng: Father.

Jin Mi: Your Majesty.

Bai Fu: Your Majesty.

The three of them glanced at each other awkwardly as they all replied at the same time. The sprite's heart jumped as the Fire Immortal's met hers.

"Your Majesty," stated the Water Immortal. "Jin Mi has used up quite some energy in her redemption. Not to mention, she's just become Immortal. She should take some time and rest. By the mean time, we should have the daughter of the White Healing Lotus stay here until we have Chief Peony come here and identify her."

"Besides, in my redemption..." Jin Mi added on. "My best friend from Floral realm died while trying to save me. So right now, I'm not ready for a wedding. I'd like to find the culprit behind it and take revenge in her name."

Bai Fu was glad that Jin Mi didn't tell them about the culprit kidnapping her. She wouldn't know what to do if she had to confess who he was working for while the mastermind is right in front of her. The sprite guess she would be keeping it to herself.

"I can't believe this has happened," stated the Heavenly Emperor. "Rest assured, I will get to the bottom of it. However, this does not affect the wedding. It's important to get ready for your wedding. All right. Pick a good date, three months from now. Jin Mi and Run Yu will have their wedding then." 

After his statement, he told everyone to leave except the Water Immortal.

They all departed leaving Bai Fu lost. What was she supposed to do until Chief Peony arrived? How will she ever face the person who abandoned her? 

"You're that woman who saved me right?"

Bai Fu quickly turned around to see Xu Feng right in front of her. Words were stuck in her throat as he grinned at her. 

"Seeing that you aren't saying anything," he said approaching her closely like a predator, "you are the woman."

She backed up slowly thinking what she should say. Her heart throbbed as the Fire immortal cornered her.

"So it was me," she choked out. "What's it to you? I swear I had no ill intent when I saved you..." 

His face was an inch away from her face. Smiling he chuckled before removing his face from hers. "I'm glad that you are alright. It must be fate that we meet again here."

He gestured her to follow him. "You can stay at my palace for now until your identity as the daughter of the White Healing Lotus is secured."

Nodding her head quickly she raced after the handsome immortal ignoring the fluttering butterflies he gave her.