Chapter 16

In the end, the Night immortal erased everyone's memories of that night. It was sad to watch. From what Bai Fu assumed, the Night immortal is in love with this mortal and she obviously is oblivious to it.

The three spiritual beings walked in the night of the streets. The air was chilled so the sprite crossed her arms for warmth. In front of her were the two men, but her eyes were only staring at one with annoyance.

She had the urged to hit him... so she did really hard on his back.

"Ahh! Bai He why?!" He turned to look at her with a painful look on his face. His tried to touch the stinging part of his back.

"What do you mean why? You know exactly why!" the sprite snared.

"Yan You, you sure make enemy everywhere," the first prince stated. 

The Snake immortal laughed and said, "No, this pretty girl is my friend." Bai Fu scoffed.

"Then how did you two provoke people from the Demon Realm?"

"They were from the Demon Realm?" This was the first time she's seen anyone from that realm. 

Yan You answered him. "It was because we were looking for the same treasure."

The three stopped and Yan You held out his hand. A green aura formed and appeared the arrow doused in dark energy. 

The sprite was was in between the two now grabbed the sharp item and started to observe it. "This is the treasure?" she questioned. What's so special about this?

"So it was because of this arrow," the Night immortal said. The prince then looked at Yan You. "Where did you steal it from?"

Yan You took the arrow back and raised it up a bit. "Don't you recognize this Immortality Destructing Arrow?"

The what? He continued on. "It's better to be talented, instead of having money. It's very difficult for me to get it." The three of them continued to walk down the peaceful street. "It is night-blooming cereus under the moon again. You only know this one trick. One trick will not last long." 

The Snake immortal went around Bai Fu and pulled on the first prince's arm. " I am quite experienced in this. Do you wish to fight me as well?"

He looked at the happy man. "I haven't made you pay for it... as you destroyed my night-blooming cereus last time."

"Last time? Was that after you visited me?"

The Snake immortal became nervous. He chuckled a bit, "Which visit? Anyway, are you blaming me? It was the people under Fire immortal who destroyed it." 

"Is the name Pu Chi given by your wife?" The Night immortal gestured towards Bai Fu. "I doubt she would be your wife. Are you sure you want to snatch people from me?" The air grew colder.

"All I do is only talk. The real one who snatches people from you is at Northern Garden Villa." The Fire immortal lived in the Northern Garden Villa... "Not only that, but also in a broad daylight. Every realm knows it. Do you want the two of us to teach him a lesson?"

She hit him again. "Do not put me with you. I apologize your majesty for this snake's offense to you," she bowed. He placed a hand on her shoulder to put her back up. "No need, if it's an apology I want it from him."

He then sighed and said to Yan You, "It's my fault to be too tolerant in the past. Now all of you have bad intentions."

"Aiyoo! You are taking all the responsibility now," the Snake immortal smiled.

The first prince stopped and got in front of the smiling snake. The snake wasn't smiling anymore. "Let's start with you first then," he said and walked away as Yan You just scoffed with a laugh. Bai Fu didn't like the tension now between the two. 

"It was nice meeting you though sprite maiden..." and then the Night immortal left his presence.

When he was gone, Bai Fu turned the other direction in mind of a silk shop. She needed to organize her thoughts after such a cumberson night. Yan You stopped her. "Where are you going, the inn is this way."

She pulled her arm away. "Yan You, I need some time to think. You've shown me a side of you I am not used to..." Though right now he was the Yan You she knew, the one before was a completely different person. 

"Bai He, I just wanted to show you. That's why I brought you along."

"All of this is confusing. I really don't know what exactly you're up to but don't drag me into it. I'm already being hunted down. I'll see you later," but Bai Fu didn't know later would come during an unexpected turn of event.

And she walked away.