Chapter 26

The two had teleported to a secluded bamboo forest, far away from King Yi's palace. Finally the sprite was able to get his arm off her and she glared at him.

"You... WHY?!" Remembering Qiang Huo's face as the arrow pierced her heart, she used that to fuel her anger. With speed like a praying mantis, she threw a glowing fist at the masked man but he gracefully dodged it. Each hit she made, each miss she does. Suddenly a familiar purple glowing whip came into view separating her and the masked man. 

Both bodies leaped away watching the whip go back to the same woman from earlier. The woman ignored Bai Fu and went head straight on against the man. 

Thanking the woman in her head, the sprite turned around to escape to only be pulled back by the masked man. With one hand on the purple clothed woman's lasso and the other pulling on Bai Fu, the masked man made a move first.

He heaved the sprite to his body and then pulled on the whip which spun the woman close. Using the close proximity, she hits the man with a hand filled with spiritual powers causing him to be pushed backed allowing him to grapple the sprite's neck once again.

Bai Fu watched as the woman walked slowly towards them. "Mu Ci," she began, "I warned you, if you hurt Jin Mi again, you'd be my enemy. And now you have brought an innocent bystander along as well. I won't let you get away this time. Everything will be settled once and for all."

"Princess." Woah... she's a princess?! Bai Fu is totally baffled now. These two know each other? "Don't go any further than this. It will only bring more harm to yourself."

"Do you still care about my well-being?"

The masked man tightened his grip on the sprite. "Think as you wish." 

"You met up with Sui He... to carry out the Heavenly Empress's order." 

Bai Fu's eyes widen in shock. The Heavenly Empress?! Who in the world is Jin Mi to be targeted by the Heaven realm's queen? 

It was her turn to speak. "If the Heavenly Empress is behind this, why am I included?" The two looked at Bai Fu with one only looking confused. 

"I do not know," he replied. The masked man looked at the purple clothed woman and stated, "Either you let us go, or... kill me." This scared Bai Fu. She didn't want to get in the middle of this fight to the death at all.

"Why have you become this? Does our past... mean nothing to you?" 

There was a short period of silence. Bai Fu was abruptedly flipped to face the masked man instantly. He ripped off her veil and kissed her.