Chapter 8

It was later in the day when Bai Fu came back. Just like she said, she came back with more ingredients and a new outfit for the Fire immortal.

"Here, I'll leave the room for you to change."

She turned away after handing him the clothing but was twirled back around by the immortal.

He pulled her arm out and placed the clothing back. Bai Fu looked at it then looked at him as he stood straight with his arms out.

"What? You're only mute temporarily. You're not physically disabled. Why should I dress you?"

Tugging her arm, he looked at her to say hurry and put on my clothes. Bai Fu could only sighand nod in agreement. What was she doing? He may be the future Heavenly Emperor but right now he is just a mortal. How am I still serving him, oh come on.

She slid the first sleeve through his arm and then the next going back behind him to adjust the collar. Bai Fu even had to tiptoe a bit since he had such a tall stature. This is definitely the definition of a man.

Later in the eveing, Bai Fu woke up from her nap. She opened her eyes and saw Fire immortal sleeping with his head down on the table.

"Xu Feng," Bai Fu whispered softly.

She wanted to say his name out loud to him. Bai Fu can't even imagine calling the Fire immortal by his name though. When she first met him, he was very stiff like a cold bun. But after spending these past few days with him, he doesn't seem that bad.

She continued to gaze at his sleeping face. He's handsome, brave, strong... Even though this is another life for him, he still chose to be righteous and protect the people. Maybe she should stop teasing him and treat him better. One day he will die in the Mortal realm and become his true self again. He'll for sure remember her saving him.

A week went by. Each of those nights she would wake up after he would sleep to heal his injuries. Currently, Bai Fu was prepping breakfast for the both of them as the Fire immortal was fast asleep at the table.

The basket of herbs slipped out of her grip and it tumbled to the ground. She crouched down to pick them up to see another pair of hands helping her.

"Ah, it's no big deal. It just slipped- ah!"

While Bai Fu was trying to tell the Fire immortal to not worry about it, she pricked her finger from the herb.

Before she could take a look at it, a warm hand pulled it away from her. Bai Fu watched as he softly blew on the thorn and plucked it out. His face was already clear from the scratches he had before. The handsome man had a very nice face, very nice. Her heart started racing.

She pulled her hand out of his grasps. "I'm alright now," and she started picking up the herbs again. "You're such a gentleman today. Did you have a full night of rest last night? My Auspicious Six Treasure sure is a true magical concoction."

The sprite sees him still helping her and grabs both his hands. "It's all done. You go inside and rest. When I'm finished with breakfast, I'll make some more medicine for you," and she pushed him back inside the house.

They finished eating and Bai Fu was outside cleaning the dishes after she gave him a new bowl of medicine. She came inside to check if he finished the bowl. "How are you today? How are you feeling now?"

He turned to the table and wrote:

Same as yesterday.

Strange. He should be better by now. It was only his voice that needed to come back.

Bai Fu sighed, "You should be healed by now, hm... It has already been more than ten days. My sleepless nights..." Was all her nights wasted in vain?

Bai Fu faced him with a smile he couldn't see. "Don't concern yourself. I was the one to choose to save you so leave it to me. I'll get you your voice back."

He only could stare at her on silence. She could only stare back at him in wonder.

Why don't you heal your carbuncle?

"I'll tell you a secret," she smirked. "If I healed my carbuncle, I'll become too pretty. Did you know being really ugly have its perks," she teased.

The Fire immortal nodded in agreement and then wrote:

Where are you from? Have you been living here for a long time?

"I'm from here, and if I'm over there, I'm from there. I haven't been living here for too long. My old home wasn't in good conditions so coming here was my only best option."

He nodded again.

May you tell me your respectful name?

My name is Bai Fu, she wanted to say. "I'm called Baihe. Just a passerby in this life."